1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Purchase Timing

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Johnny Utah, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Aug 26, 2007 at 11:36 AM
    Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah [OP] Member

Member:
    I'm about to buy a 2007 Tacoma. From now until Sept. 5th, Toyota is offering it's "Lots on the Lot" promotion. Do you think it would be wise to buy now, or wait until after Sept. 5th in hopes of an even better deal?

Thanks!

2. Aug 26, 2007 at 11:39 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Wait till after...they always have these sales events throughout the year making you think it's their best deal ever, but really the best deal is at the end of the year when they got to clear out the old inventory.

3. Aug 26, 2007 at 8:11 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Right on. If you are not picky about colour, you should be able to get a pretty good deal towards year end. A good deal means a discount equivalent to one calendar year's worth of depreciation plus a few free options/extras. :thumbsup:

4. Aug 26, 2007 at 9:25 PM
    Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah [OP] Member

Member:
    My only worry is that they will run out of 2007s. When I spoke with the salesman about color, he stated "It might be hard to find blue, but we definitely have silver." (I want blue or silver :D)

Does that sound like they are going to run out?

5. Aug 27, 2007 at 12:58 AM
    rancid

rancid Active Member

Member:
    well as stated, if you're not picky, you don't have anything to worry about. if you want a ride with specific configs then you just have to sit and pray that they have one to your needs when the time comes to buy. You never know, it's a hit or miss.

6. Aug 27, 2007 at 4:51 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Try to access the Toyota nation wide inventory database. (Don't ask me how) This would tell you what they have on hand and where. This way, you'd know when to make your move. You could also get a clear picture of inventory by visiting 2 different dealerships and asking if they could source your colour and how much procrastination time you actually have.

Remember, if you buy a 2007 at 2007 prices, you have not gained anything. You might as well buy a 2008. Compare the price difference first.

7. Aug 27, 2007 at 5:39 AM
    cdgreentn

cdgreentn New Member

Member:
    I wanted a black 4dr sport. They could not find an 07 in the South east. I went with and 08 and lost the $500 rebate.

8. Aug 27, 2007 at 8:37 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    cdgreentn: I wanted a black 4dr off-road and when i built it on toyotas website they showed that there were only 5 in the whole southeast. the dealer i bought from had to trade a truck to a dealer in another state to get mine. It can be hard finding exactly what you're looking for.

9. Aug 27, 2007 at 8:45 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    same here as ndcouch. when i wanted mine in november, there was only one 07 DC 4x2 trd sport in BSP and a SB in the southeast and it still hadnt left the factory and it was going to alabama. he had to wheel and deal to get it for me and then kept getting offers to get if from him.

10. Aug 29, 2007 at 12:17 AM
    Rich Swanner

Rich Swanner Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.California
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black PreRunner DC V6 SR5 LB
    Leer 100R Shell NXT Tech Wax
    Go to build your Toyota after you go through getting everthing you wanted they will show you dealers in the area that you can check on. That is why at the start they ask Zip Code. If you know the names of dealers in you area just go to Google put in a name and pick new inventory, then Tacoma and scroll down through the list. You will see what is on their lots

11. Aug 30, 2007 at 1:25 PM
    tacopuppy

tacopuppy Well-Known Member

Member:
    if you wait chances are you won't get the color/option combo you want. I faced that problem last year and wound up not buying an '06 instead waited till this year to buy an 07 in the color i wanted. I waited until November '06 to buy an '06 last year and all they had in the entire Vegas valley was white and radiant red. colors i didn't want. and they were finished building '06s. So, I was SOL for waiting so long. yeah, they were offering a great deal to unload them, but it wasn't the color i wanted.

Products Discussed in

To Top