1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

QI Charger Acting Weird

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by mrkabc, May 18, 2017.

1. May 18, 2017 at 7:18 PM
    mrkabc

mrkabc [OP] Mall Crawler with a Locker

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Morimoto XB LED Head & Fog Lights, Cali Raised Stealth Light bar, OEM Roof Rack, Homelink Compass Mirror, Power Tailgate Lock, LED bed lights, MESO mirrors, gashole, switch panel & Stage 2 tails, PRO grille. Where's the mall?
    Yes, I already know you all are going to say RTFM! However, my manual isn't here.

I am seeing flashing yellow and green lights on the charger and my Galaxy S7 is freaking out. I shut off the QI and restart and it charges the phone normally for a bit then starts flashing and going crazy again. When the two lights flash the phone doesn't charge.

Anyone else seen this? What do the two lights mean? (Cue the "...a trip to the dealer" replies...)

2. May 18, 2017 at 7:30 PM
    daddy_o

daddy_o Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bossier City, La
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport, Inferno, w/tech package
    Factory Blackout package, Soft roll up bed cover, Cheap seat covers, Front and rear dash cam, AVS in channel vent visors
    Taken from the manual:

An amber indicator is illuminated while charging is in progress. When charging is complete, a green indicator will also be illuminated. Some phones, cases or cover type wireless chargers may not cause the green indicator to illuminate even though it is fully charged.

■If the wireless charger LED indicators flash
    If the wireless charging surface of the tray becomes too hot, the LED indicators will flash and charging is canceled. The LED indicators will be illuminated if the surface of the tray cools down.

If the LED indicators flash even though the surface of the tray is not hot, the wireless charger may be malfunctioning. Consult your Toyota dealer.

BTW, you can download a PDF of the manual, it makes it a lot easier to navigate and you can read it while you are taking care of other business. :)

3. May 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM
    mrkabc

mrkabc [OP] Mall Crawler with a Locker

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Morimoto XB LED Head & Fog Lights, Cali Raised Stealth Light bar, OEM Roof Rack, Homelink Compass Mirror, Power Tailgate Lock, LED bed lights, MESO mirrors, gashole, switch panel & Stage 2 tails, PRO grille. Where's the mall?
    @daddy_o awesome thanks! Phone was warm but not hot. It Is 91 degrees here in El Centro though. A.C. was on in truck set to 74 degrees. Wonder if I have a problem.

4. May 18, 2017 at 7:41 PM
    imdav2u

imdav2u Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Offroad DCSB 4X4
    Mine does it if my phone battery gets hot or in the winter if I forget to turn the charger off and it sots outside in freezing weather.

5. May 18, 2017 at 7:45 PM
    FFBlack

FFBlack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OFF ROAD
    I have an s7 allso mine charges fine until I get a notification. Once the green notification light starts to flash the phone quits charging. If I clear the notification it'll charge again.

6. May 18, 2017 at 7:45 PM
    smitty99

smitty99 I also bought a 4Runner

Member:
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    16 TRDORDCSB 4x4 A/T (loaded w/ JBL)
    6112s/5160s & 3-leaf AAL;ubolt flip kit;Superbumps
    Mine started doing this the other day but it did not feel very hot. Just another thing going wrong on my Turd Gen is my guess.

HutchJ likes this.
  7. Dec 11, 2017 at 12:10 PM
    sp-tech

sp-tech Bone Stock

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle:
    2017 Char Grey Tacoma TRD
    I just had this happen to my ‘17 Tacoma, but the next time I started the truck up, the issue was gone.. I’ll keep an eye on it now tho.

8. Jan 30, 2018 at 7:09 PM
    justskiit

justskiit New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    trd sport Inferno 6ft dbl cab w match cap
    I had this happen recently at dealership nonetheless. Truck will be on, phone is placed on pad , charger turned on,
    Phone charges for a second, lights on pad start to blink. Charger turned off, then on again still blinking....shut truck off to reset, this works 50% of time.

Products Discussed in

To Top