1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about a lift and my warranty

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by naterj, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Dec 15, 2008 at 3:09 AM
    naterj

naterj [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nathan
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4
    3" pro comp lift
    will a three inch spacer lift and aals void my factory warranty

2. Dec 15, 2008 at 6:01 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    It SHOULD only affect your warranty on your drive-line and suspension parts........ but stealerships always try to BS anything

3. Dec 15, 2008 at 7:05 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
  4. Dec 15, 2008 at 10:46 AM
    naterj

Member:
    First Name:
    nathan
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4
    3" pro comp lift
    HTML:
     It wont void any warranty except for the parts that were replaced:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act 
    I called the dealership just a minute ago and they gave me a whole frickan list of stuff that they wouldnt cover if i put a three inch spacer lift on my truck, but they said they would cover every thing if i had them do the lift. Ya they had better cover it for 1300 dollers just to buy the spacer lift not including install, they are nuts! :eek::eek:
    Sorry had to vent the waranty guy was an a** hole.

5. Dec 15, 2008 at 11:18 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    burden of proof is on them.

i love that they will warranty stuff THEY do to the truck. like they have some magic salve that they put on the CV boots to keep em from wearing out or something.

6. Dec 15, 2008 at 11:19 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    How much longer till you are past warranty?

7. Dec 15, 2008 at 4:29 PM
    naterj

Member:
    First Name:
    nathan
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4
    3" pro comp lift
    HTML:

How much longer till you are past warranty?

about 98000 miles

8. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:34 PM
    naterj

Member:
    First Name:
    nathan
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4
    3" pro comp lift
    I was wondering what type of lift the dealer uses that makes it so different than all of the rest?

9. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:39 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Nothing except the price tag YOU pay...

10. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:42 PM
    naterj

Member:
    First Name:
    nathan
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4
    3" pro comp lift
    do you know what type they use

11. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:42 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    amen

12. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:53 PM
    naterj

Member:
    First Name:
    nathan
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4
    3" pro comp lift
    I was thinking that if i find the same kind that they are using I could find one cheaper than from them, and just have them put it on and they would cover every thing.

I wouldnt normaly worry about stuff like this but this is the first truck Ive ever had with a warranty that didnt have any miles on it when i got it.

13. Dec 16, 2008 at 10:03 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    You can ask them, but I kinda doubt they'll tell you since you'd be able to go online and find the REAL price. Also, it kinda depends on the type of dealership you'd be getting it from. If it's just a normal dealership that sells cars and trucks, then I wouldn't expect much. If it's a dealership that deals mostly in trucks, you more likely to find a better lift.

However, I would be highly surprised if they put anything more than simply a spacer lift on. They are cheap, require little labor (relatively) and their profit margin is higher. Plus, if it breaks, it's cheaper parts for them to replace at their own cost under your "warranty".

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion - I've never bought a lift from a dealership. It's just what I would imagine would happen.

14. Dec 16, 2008 at 10:11 PM
    naterj

Member:
    First Name:
    nathan
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4
    3" pro comp lift
    I had called them yesterday and when i asked about a lift they transferd me to some guy in the shop who couldnt look up the lift for me he just gave me a half a** estimate.

By the way i love your truck man i wished mine sat like that.

15. Dec 17, 2008 at 6:50 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!

That doesn't surprise me though... Either you get transferred back and forth between people that can't/won't tell you or "oh, our computers are down right now, but let me get your number and I'll call you right back!".

Products Discussed in

To Top