1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about AAL

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by bfaisok, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dec 27, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    bfaisok

bfaisok [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    ToyTec ultimate lift, ProComp 7032, GY Wrangler Silent Armor 265/75/16, ARE MX cap with windoors/sliding windows and roof rack, Aluminess front bumper, AFE air cleaner, scored a intermitent wiper switch from salvage
    I have on 06 Tacoma 4WD and I havn't upgraded my original springs, and in searching the site I have read about the TSB concerning the springs for my truck. I would like to lift my truck 2 inches, more for additional load than off roading. I am wondering if I should upgrade the springs then add the AAL? My truck has 115,000 miles and I plan on giving it the works in the suspension department. I live and work out of it so although money is a concern so is comfort and reliability. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Dec 27, 2010 at 10:52 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    What stance you looking for? Level? 2" in front and 2" in back to keep the rake?

3. Dec 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I say you put Bilstein 5100s in the front and rear. Maybe upgrade your front springs to Eibachs. The Eibachs alone will give you 1.6'' of lift. If you set the Bilsteins at .85 up front, that'll give you a nice 2.5" Lift...then put a 2" Toytec AAL in the rear and you should be golden. Toytec makes the 2" ALL for trucks that do NOT have the TSB done so I think this would be perfect for you. Just my 0.02 :)

4. Dec 28, 2010 at 12:32 AM
    bfaisok

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    ToyTec ultimate lift, ProComp 7032, GY Wrangler Silent Armor 265/75/16, ARE MX cap with windoors/sliding windows and roof rack, Aluminess front bumper, AFE air cleaner, scored a intermitent wiper switch from salvage
    I hadn't thought about the rake, but I just put an ARE shell on and I carry alot of gear. I was looking at the Toytech "ultimate lift kit" and spoke with someone there who said I needed to purchase springs for additional $500, that throws me a bit if they make an AAL for non TSB trucks. If I did go with the "ultimate lift kit" from Toytech which rear option would be best. All this is new to me and a bit confusing.

5. Dec 28, 2010 at 12:51 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    you'd wanna go with the 2" AAL for the rear :)

If you did decide to go with a 2.5" lift in the front, that 2" AAl for the rear may give a little rake but thats okay because you haul stuff

A little rake in the rear looks tough

6. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM
    bfaisok

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Cool. I think you have me straightened out now. I was leaning toward the kit to get everything at once as my time is very limited. Do you think the Eibachs would better than those supplied in the Toytech kit? Does Toytech offer a discount to forum memebers? Is that kit a good deal or just the illusion of a good deal? I have relief coming the 31st, will have almost a week off and was was hoping to have this knocked out during that time.

7. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:14 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Consider the OME kit too. Cheaper and rides just as good. Also, if you go 2.5" or up you should want to get new ucas too which are pricey.

8. Dec 28, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    bfaisok

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Thanks for all your help. Just ordered the "ultimate lift Kit" with 2" AAL for the rear and went ahead with the new ucas. I appreciate you guys getting me staright on all this.

Products Discussed in

To Top