1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about advertising you have a gun

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by bradel88, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Dec 28, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    jpneely

jpneely Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Land Cruiser, 2017 Land Cruiser
    but he was getting his ass beat by 3 dudes. i would think that would be considered seld defense?

2. Dec 28, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Just for the record.

1. He doesn't have a CW, but he is legally allowed to carry his gun where he lives.
    2. He was getting his ass beat due to him running up and trying to stop them from stealing his stuff. So since he 'approached them', he was found to be at fault. Since he 'approached' them, got into a fight, then killed on of them he got into lots of trouble.

If they would have walked to him, he'd be off the hook. Since he came out basically 'looking' for a fight as they put it, it was his fault. Even tho they were ran-sacking his truck and taking his hard earned items, they were not in any way threatening his life enough for him to justify using a gun on them. Period- end of the story.

They never caught the other two guys either. And I think this is WAY fucked up but that's how our judicial system is.

I'm telling everyone right now, if you catch them breaking into your car, record them on video or take pic's and DO NOT APPROACH THEM! If they start walking to you, then blast away, but if you go after them you will get arrested.

I'll be more than happy to get his story posted on here when he gets out in 2 years.

3. Dec 28, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Some states, SC being one, have Castle Doctrines. Granted JL Audio stuff isn't worth taking a life over but in SC he would've been in the right to do what he did.

4. Dec 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    And I think what my buddy did was right. Someone was taking his stuff, he worked his ass off for, he's protecting his investment.

5. Dec 28, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Like the poster who told the story said - He approached them so his friend caused the incident. Call the cops, yell to the scum that you have, take photos but don't try to chase them away....and certainly don't walk into a 3 on 1 and then try to claim self defense.

6. Dec 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I'd agree partially...BUT...I like to tell people to call the cops, and DONT alert the subjects that you've done so because that makes our job that much harder

If you hear/see it happening, call the cops, give them a good description, and try to NOT run them off...we're a LOT more likely to catch them, recover your shit, and stop them from breaking into someone else's shit if they aren't alerted to the police coming

7. Dec 28, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I can dig that- but at some point gotta look out for mine. Don't want the truck getting any more damage when a simple "Hey assholes-I've already called the cops" will run them off.

8. Dec 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    understood

I just like catching people in the act instead of going thru all the investigation channels

9. Dec 29, 2011 at 3:39 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Well stated! I agree...

Also agree with this ... anything I can do to help out the cops I'm for; I appreciate what ya'll do for us! :cool:

If no one's told you lately, "THANK YOU!" :)

10. Dec 29, 2011 at 3:58 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    I don't know if I would go that far into carrying a locked container on me...

By the time I need a gun I would be dead. Better off having friends that are LEO they carry all the time in public.

11. Dec 29, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I need to address this...immediately...i dont know how i missed it prior

Castle Doctrines have zilch to do with protection of property without threat of great bodily harm, or death etc

http://www.sled.sc.gov/ProtectionOfPeople.aspx?MenuID=CWP
    Breaking the window of an unoccupied vehicle is not considered violent

12. Dec 29, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Thanks-I've only got my phone or I would said something similar...but with out being able to quote/cite sources it woulda been useless.

13. Dec 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Learn something every day, it was my understanding that the guy who was detained could have done what he did in SC legally due to the CD. :thumbsup:
    Off Topic: Have you seen this Tiger?
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/south-east/194647-meet-greet-columbia-sc-jan-28-a.html

14. Dec 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  15. Dec 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    Trust in God but lock your doors. Try not to park in a sketch spot for too long.

I wonder if a sticker of a hatchet or machete or a bee-hive might scare some fiends away?

16. Dec 29, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    TacPro45

TacPro45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport Double Cab Long Bed
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Now if you were IN the car and someone was forcibly trying to get in, it could be taken as intent to commit a violent action (carjacking) correct?

17. Dec 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    do they have a weapon? say a bludgeon, knife, bat, gun?

18. Dec 29, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    BERTHDZ

BERTHDZ KF5TUQ

Member:
    First Name:
    Bert
    Pharr, TX - RGV
    Vehicle:
    02 v6 SR5 TRD Off Road
    3" Body Lift, Fabtech 6" Lift, XD Series 17x9" Revolver Rims, 35x12.50r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    EDUCATION CODE
    EDC §37.125. EXHIBITION OF FIREARMS.
    (a) A person commits an offense if, in a manner intended to cause
    alarm or personal injury to another person or to damage school property,
    the person intentionally exhibits, uses, or threatens to exhibit or
    use a firearm:
    (1) in or on any property, including a parking lot, parking garage,
    or other parking area, that is owned by a private or public school; or
    (2) on a school bus being used to transport children to or from
    school-sponsored activities of a private or public school.

(b) An offense under this section is a third degree felony.

Only thing I could find that relates. It's weird I just so happened to be reading the regulations when I read your post because I'm about to apply for a CCL

19. Jan 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    That's what I thought the castle doctrine was about, but I could be wrong. If they enter or attempt to enter your car or house after being made aware people are inside, you can assume they intend to cause bodily harm and fire away.

I think in the car breaking case , mentioned above, if the owner (who definitely got shafted by the system) had pulled his gun while remaining a good distance away, he would have been OK. After that, the thieves probably would have turned tail immediately, but if they then showed a gun or they advanced towards the owner, let the .45 slugs fly.

20. Jan 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    NO- You CAN NOT use a gun to protect property. Only to meet a threat to life. You can't brandish a gun to scare someone off (legally at least). That would be presenting a threat to someone else. The story sucks cause the guy was only trying to protect his shit- but he went about it all wrong.

Products Discussed in

To Top