1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about Fraternal Order of Police

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by whitebread, May 5, 2010.

1. May 5, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    whitebread

whitebread [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    I make a donation every year to the NC Fraternal Order of Police and in turn they send a sticker saying you are a supporter. I see these on cars ever once in a while. Does putting this sticker on your vehicle potentially make an officer more lenient on a traffic stop? My gut says no, but I have to wonder why they send stickers and why people put them on?

I know there are some police around here so I am posing the question. Thanks!

FWIW, I haven't been pulled over in 7 years. :p

2. May 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    It probably will make you more likely to get pulled over if people are using it to avoid tickets as a general practice. I had a friend who thought he was clever by sticking a MADD sticker on his car until a cop told him they usually look for those cars because alcoholics do it thinking a cop wouldn't suspect you're a drunk if you have one on your car.

3. May 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    What he^ said.

4. May 5, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think your gut is right. There are so many organizations and groups that you can donate to that will send you a card or a sticker that is a "get outta jail free" card...I doubt the majority of them get paid attention to.

Even those little blue and black stripe stickers are everywhere.

5. May 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    stickers dont make a difference on whether or not i write someone a ticket

what they did and how they act is my determination

i may not make any friends but if you did wrong you did wrong...i dont care who you know or what group you donate money to

6. May 5, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    It's like when people donate to the CHP-1199 fund and in return, receive a license plate frame. I see a lot of those around here on expensive cars...

7. May 5, 2010 at 10:56 PM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    I had a 100 club sticker for Houston Police Dept and a HPD sholder patch sticker that my dad had given me on my F250. I got pulled over in that truck 5 times. 4 times I was given a warning, You know window tint, front LP, and speeding. That was from Texas DPS, Harris county, Friendswood PD

I got one ticket by HPD one day, Wrote me up for Window tint and doing a 60 in a 55. I did get that ticket cleared tho.

8. May 6, 2010 at 4:04 AM
    whitebread

whitebread [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    Thanks for the input, guys! This sticker goes where all the others have gone...in the trash bin.

Products Discussed in

To Top