1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about HIDs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Swwacoma, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Aug 13, 2008 at 4:08 PM
    Swwacoma

Swwacoma [OP] Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Like I said in my sweet intro, I'm new to the truck scene. One thing that disappointed me with the Tacoma (pretty much the only thing) is its overall light output. I live off of a very dark road, that on overcast nights is nearly impossible to see on even w/ lights/high beams on. I need HIDs or I fear I may accidentally run over an unsuspecting drunk sorostitute, as my development is mostly college students.

I've searched around for a while, and I've found plenty of links to sites that offer quality brands, but I was wondering if there is a general consensus/favorite amongst yall on TW about which brand's bulbs perform the best with the stock housing. I have HID balasts from my previous car that I can use on the Taco, so the bulbs are really the only thing I have a concern over. I'd love to get new housings and the whole 9 yards, but I'm strapped for cash right now as I had 2 car payments this month, plus I have to deal with turning my old lease in back to Toyota and any fines for damages they lovingly pass along to me.

Thanks for the input.

Products Discussed in

To Top