1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about HIDs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Swwacoma, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Aug 13, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Swwacoma [OP] Doomsday Squad

Aug 13, 2008
    Estero, FL
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Like I said in my sweet intro, I'm new to the truck scene. One thing that disappointed me with the Tacoma (pretty much the only thing) is its overall light output. I live off of a very dark road, that on overcast nights is nearly impossible to see on even w/ lights/high beams on. I need HIDs or I fear I may accidentally run over an unsuspecting drunk sorostitute, as my development is mostly college students.

I've searched around for a while, and I've found plenty of links to sites that offer quality brands, but I was wondering if there is a general consensus/favorite amongst yall on TW about which brand's bulbs perform the best with the stock housing. I have HID balasts from my previous car that I can use on the Taco, so the bulbs are really the only thing I have a concern over. I'd love to get new housings and the whole 9 yards, but I'm strapped for cash right now as I had 2 car payments this month, plus I have to deal with turning my old lease in back to Toyota and any fines for damages they lovingly pass along to me.

Thanks for the input.
To Top