1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about selling my car/buying my truck.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Jun 1, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime [OP] Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    So I paid off my car last week and am just waiting for the title to show up to me. Meanwhile, I have a buyer for it. I am selling it and paying cash for the 05 tacoma I am getting.

Here's my question. The person buying my WRX is flying to Illinois from California, then driving the car back. He is bringing a cashiers check that his credit union is giving him from getting the loan to buy my car. I was going to take it to my bank, have them call to verify that it is a valid check, then take the guy to the dmv branch so he can get temp plates to drive it back.

My bank said they would probably put a 5 day hold on the check just to make sure it clears.

My question is this, do I give him the title when he pays me for the car, or hold onto it until the hold from the bank is over, and then just next day air it to him in the mail?

Not sure how to handle the situation as this is my first time selling a car privately. I have talked to the guy quite a bit and I don't think he would try to screw me by stopping payment on the cashiers check, in fact he said he was more then willing to have me call the bank that gives him the cashiers check. He would do the same thing.

Any advice? someone told me to have him wire transfer the money to my account.

2. Jun 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    dan0

dan0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    swamplands of sc
    Vehicle:
    Sold 2011 Prerunner Doublecab 4cyl auto
    either hold the title until the check clears
    or have him wire the funds in

Products Discussed in

To Top