1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question for People with Eibachs and 5100

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by S.S.T., May 5, 2011.

1. May 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    S.S.T.

S.S.T. [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Torrance, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    Icon 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers, 5100 rears, Icon Progressive 3 leaf AAL, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/75R16, 16x8 Renegade 6 wheels, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, BHLM.
    Right now I have the Eibachs coils and 5100s set to "0". I want to raise it up to the .85 setting, but I'm on the fence about it. I was wondering people who run this setup need UCAs to get their alignment into spec, or if they're fine without them. If you have the actual alignment numbers, that'd be even better. I'm trying to avoid the $500-700 extra by all means. Any input would help and be greatly appreciated.

2. May 5, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    jester156

jester156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4. 3.0l Duramax
    i have them set at 0.85 on a 4x4dc. the dealership was able to keep them in spec. I don't have the actual numbers handy. they might not have been the optimal numbers according to chris4x4 but they are within factory limits.

3. May 5, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    TRD Pro grill and fog lights, Toytec Boss lift, 265/70-17 Duratracs on 17 x 8.5 FN Verge wheels, LEER canopy, 30% tinted front windows.
    I had them without the UCA's for a couple months, and the best alignment numbers I could get were caster 1.9/ 2.08, camber 0.6, and toe 0.03 after a number of alignments. It drove okay, but felt light through the wheel, and I got tired of it. Put on some Light Racing UCA's a couple weeks ago, and have caster 2.5, camber 0, and 0.01 toe, and it's perfect now. I even noticed that the little vibe I had at 60 km/h has disappeared?! I say that if you go any higher then 2-2.25" that you will need UCA's. Alignment places, and other people may say that it's in "spec" but is that really the best? The specs are to wide of a range. It's up to you really...

Products Discussed in

To Top