1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question for those with campers and tinted windows?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tex, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Nov 19, 2008 at 3:21 PM
    tex

tex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    I have a regular cab truck that I just got a camper for yesterday. I had the back window on my truck tinted at 5% when I got it. Now with the camper on it the back window and side windows of the camper are tinted and I have a very hard time seeing through both tinted windows.
    Do ya'll have any tint on the back window or just a very slight tint?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Nov 19, 2008 at 3:48 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I don't have a camper shell...but I would think if you are having problems with seeing ouy of your truck- you'd change something.

I'd be worried ab out backing the camper shell or nice truck into something back there at night or something...

3. Nov 19, 2008 at 4:26 PM
    1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4 Squirrel Mincer

Member:
    Ithaca, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Titan King Cab
    A.R.E. tonneau cover
    Nice, what kind of camper did you get? I ordered an A.R.E. CX Series, but I'm still waiting for it. I have 20% tint on my rear window, so we'll see how dark it gets. You may want to consider installing a backup camera system instead of removing the tint. I was looking at a wireless system with lcd screen for less than $60.

4. Nov 19, 2008 at 4:54 PM
    tex

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    I went with a shell from Astro. It was $1186 out the door. That was for install of shell, 3rd brake light and dome light.

The biggest problem I have is changing Lanes and seeing the cars behind me while I am driving. I feel pretty good about backing up since my truck is still pretty short, but a cheap back up camera option sounds pretty temping.

5. Nov 19, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4 Squirrel Mincer

Member:
    Ithaca, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Titan King Cab
    A.R.E. tonneau cover
  6. Nov 20, 2008 at 6:11 PM
    tex

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    I will try to get some pics up tomorrow. I have been sick all day and have just now started moving around the house.
    Thanks for the link.

Products Discussed in

To Top