1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question / help with Fusion 360

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Rujack, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Oct 15, 2019 at 12:42 PM
    Rujack

Rujack [OP] Stop Global Whining

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road 6 speed manual
    I posted this question on the fusion forum but it isn't getting much traffic. Hoping someone here can help. I've been following videos by Lars Christensen on YouTube and have been stuck at 7:30 in the following video:

https://youtu.be/zS8dYA_Iluc?t=444

I'm sketching the triangular shaped flange/protrusion he's working on, but when I set reduce the dimension (when sketching these lines, I'm sketching them a little long, as he does in the video) for the two vertical legs to 2.5mm, the horizontal bottom line moves up and away from the vertex at the lid and there is a resulting space.

One user replied with the following:

That means your lines do not snap to the plate at the beginning, end of his sequence. The blue cursor box probably not working the same way.

But, more likely, your preferences don’t match his, he is projecting on reference, when clicking on the top of the plate he gets that lower line to come into his sketch. It will not move in this context. That’s why when he says he is closing off the profile he didn’t have to, it was already orange.

In other words if you have to make the last line he draws, deliver to you an orange profile, that’s the difference. Therefore your lower end points can move.

me:

"That means your lines do not snap to the plate at the beginning, end of his sequence."

This is true. I was having a hard time figuring out how to articulate that. I also don't get the blue X when it snaps on the plate.

"when clicking on the top of the plate he gets that lower line to come into his sketch"

Ok. And I'm assuming that this is what's happening when that line in the top of the plate turns blue at 7:00. Is that right? It doesn't turn blue for me, nor are the purple lines and small circular markers present - I obviously don't what they're called.

I'm also using a newer version than he is.

And no further replies...

2. Oct 16, 2019 at 12:35 AM
    TK-422

TK-422 Toyota! Oh what a feeling.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    So Cal - SCV
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner TEP
    Toytech 2.5 lift BFG KO2 275-70-17
    It sounds like you have an open vector. Meaning two points don't completely touch each other. If you zoom in closely you might spot it.

This is an exaduration to show the meaning.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top