1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on replacement antennae

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by spankeh, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Apr 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    spankeh

spankeh [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello everyone I am new here and just got my first "taco." Just got a 2013 tacoma this week and noticed that the stock antennae is really long. Anyway I have been researching and found a couple that i really like. the one I really like, I am not sure if it fits (4.7" Inch Toyota TRD Real Carbon Fiber External Short Antenna). Does any one know for sure if it fits? I would really hate to buy it and it doesn't fit at all. Anyway here is the two I am looking at.

4.7" Inch Toyota TRD Real Carbon Fiber External Short Antenna
    http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-TRD-Carbon-External-Antenna/dp/B00A1AX1VE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

and

The Stubby Antenna for Toyota Tacoma (this i am sure it fits)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Stubby-An...qid=1366329258&sr=1-3&keywords=antenna+tacoma

2. Apr 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    808leo

808leo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kailua, Oahu
    Vehicle:
    '13 Sport DCSB SW 4x4
    5100s, OME 885, Driver side spacer, 2" aal, TRD exhaust, 5k HIDs, LED interior lights, Grillcraft grille, 1" Bora wheel spacers, 12" P3 sub, Wet Okole seat covers, G Tek sill protectors
    If you got tools I used saw (hooked up to air compressor) and chopped mine so it's about 1/4" above the cab that way it's shorter and if it hits in garages then I know to stay away lol! O and then I glue back on the ball tip thing for a stock look and doesn't affect reception at all :D

3. Apr 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    jparf

jparf blissfully biased

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Silver Highlander Limited
  4. May 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    scorpio382

scorpio382 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D-Man
    Hilo Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD off road
    3inch leveling kit w/ AAL,Magna Flow exhaust,Westin chrome running boards, E-3 spark plugs,euro rubber antenna,tint,AFE stage 2 pro dry intake system,JBA Titanium ceramic shorty headers,rain guards,redline EZ down hood & tail gate, Toyota full synthetic oil, any time fog light & rear camera mods, full time 400 watt mod.
    It think its call euro rubber antenna , is about 9 inches long, but its doesn't have the great reception in remote area.

To Top