1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on Turn signals and fuses

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by the_taco_times, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Jun 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM
    the_taco_times

the_taco_times [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    Vehicle:
    2016 Taco TRD OFF ROAD
    6" BDS performance lift with Fox shocks and UCAs Fab Four Vengeance Bumpers Black Oak lights all around Universal Spod with touch screen Full exterior color matched Bed Liner Toyo MT 35" tires with Fuel Trophy D551 Wheels
    So to keep this brief, I switched over to LED turn signals, and put resistors on each, using a thorough, clean solder installation with heat shrink, per the instructions.

Worked fine until recently... I now have hyper flashing blinker symbols on the dash, but NONE of the blinker bulbs light up at all, even with hazards engaged. I found the front driver's side resistor heat sink body had blackened some, so it must have got hot I am guessing, not sure why. I replaced it with a new one,... and the wiring, bulbs, and sockets etc all look to be in mint condition. Still same issue, and I wanted to check the fuses, but can't find anything in either fuse box labeled turn signal.

Any ideas or advice are super welcome! Really appreciate it!

Products Discussed in

To Top