1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question Reg. New Tacoma Purchase

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mparker, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    mparker

mparker [OP] Member

Member:
    I am doing my research with plans to buy a Tacoma at the end of this year (fingers crossed they add leather and sunroof to the 2012)

Anyhow, Ive been reading and reading and reading... and.. well reading.. lol

I plan to get a fully loaded Double cab, Tan interior Barcelona Red 4x4. I was content with the TRD Sport Extra package UNTIL i read about the TRD Off Road Package. so i read more into that. It appears it adds a locker 16" wheels revalved shocks, some chrome bits, removes the sport hood scoop(non functional anyhow) and adds A-TRAC.

I notice on Toyota.com you CANNOT build said truck with the TRD Off Road package... BUT they now have (the much laughed at) TX and TX Pro packages.

Like most around the internet, they are not crazy about the stickers, but thats nothing a hair dryer cant take care of (i hope)

Being that the TX package is so new I cant really nail down SOLID info to help compare with.

So i guess my question is, Does the TX/TX PRO package add the Elec. Locker and A-Trac to the Double Cab?

2. Jan 30, 2011 at 3:40 PM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    The off-road package adds those items.

You can get the wheels after market if you like them. That's what I did. And I will keep the off-road OEMs for Winter use.

That way you can pick your own running boards and opt out of the exhaust if you were to pick the TX pro package. I believe the TX is side steps and wheels.

As Whippersnapper said, it's bolt-ons to the off-road.

3. Jan 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    mparker

mparker [OP] Member

Member:
    I just noticed that you CAN get the TRD Off Road package in the Double Cab Prerunner... That doesn't make much sense... why not offer it in 4x4 trim too?

Are there any figures floating around that show how much TQ/HP the TRD cat back and TRD cold air intake add?

I was thinking about adding those to my truck at time of purchase also...

4. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    Di Trut

Di Trut Well-Known Member

Member:
    They already offer leather. I doubt that a sunroof will be an option for 2012.

5. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    Leather is regional... Not available where I live. IIRC, leather is actually installed by a 3rd party and is not shipped with it from the factory..

6. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    NVTacoma

NVTacoma Member

Member:
    are you selecting the long bed or short. From what I remember they didn't offer the OR package on dbl cab long bed only short

7. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    Di Trut

Member:
    Regional only? ...thats odd. Mine has the leather installed from the factory though, not 3rd party.

8. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    Does it have a LiquiCell tag on the seam of the driver's seat? If so, 3rd party..

Things may be different in Canada than they are here in the lower 48.. However, they just don't exist around here....

9. Jan 31, 2011 at 4:19 AM
    mparker

mparker [OP] Member

Member:
    Leather at my local dealership is 3rd party. but it comes with a lifetime warranty unlike (if) factory leather would be covered under 3y/36000. same with 3rd party sunroof.

I am looking at getting a 4x4 long bed

I think i found another snag, TRD OffRoad WITH tan interior AND JBL radio.... doesn't seem that can be done either...

Either Toyota's "Build a Tacoma" website doesn't properly reflect what they truly offer, or they have some weird limitations...

10. Jan 31, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    Di Trut

Member:
    I've got the window sticker and under Factory Options it specifies trd sport + leather package.

Maybe it's a canadian thing :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top