1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question regarding 1/4" Toytec spacer for 1st Gen owners

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by FuTang909Inamo, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Oct 21, 2009 at 1:13 AM
    FuTang909Inamo

FuTang909Inamo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Socal IE
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD PreRunner
    Deckplate mod, Trueflow drop in filter, clear corners, 31 BFG A/T on 15x8 Mb Razors.
    Did the spacer correct the driver side lean on your 1st gens? Or are coilovers the only answer for this "issue"? I have an '03 DC by the way.

2. Oct 21, 2009 at 6:16 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Commifornia
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    To much to list...see sig for more...
    It's supposed too but its not guarenteed since everyones truck, add-ons, weight, spring sag and etc is different. I was in the same boat. I debated months over Bilstein 5100 Adjustables, spacers and coilovers. I eventually decided to go with coilovers.

3. Oct 21, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    The 1/4" spacer will give you 1/2" of lift.

So, if your truck is leaning 1/2" or so - then it'll help.

Every situation is different and if you have a full tank of gas, it'll lean even more.

When I had my 96 tacoma, I dealt with the lean for a long time and tried all sorts of differen things to try and correct it. I finally got OME 881 coils up front that actually made it look a lot better.

4. Oct 22, 2009 at 2:09 AM
    FuTang909Inamo

FuTang909Inamo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Socal IE
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD PreRunner
    Deckplate mod, Trueflow drop in filter, clear corners, 31 BFG A/T on 15x8 Mb Razors.
    Are the OME coils different lengths for the first gens? Or is it just your OE coil sagging from use? Yea my truck is leaning about 1/2" so I guess just slap the spacer on and hope for the best. Thanks Janster

5. Oct 22, 2009 at 6:13 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The OME coils are not side specific.

6. Oct 22, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    As Chris mentioned - the OME coils are not side specific and they're both the same length.

I'm not sure why the tacomas lean and I can't comment about the OE coils.

I installed a Rancho 1.5" lift kit (that was back in 99) and my truck developed the lean after that. I had the Rancho kit on for about 2 years or so before going with the OME coils. For some reason - the OME coils did a better job at preventing most of the lean. Rancho stuff really sucked and shocks wore out quickly & leaked.

To Top