1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions about a leveling kit

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tacoma2123, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Mar 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    Tacoma2123

Tacoma2123 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2001 Double Cab, TRD
    Stainless Stell Nerf bars, bug deflector, window shades
    I have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma 4-Door. I just bought a 2" leveling kit for it and was going to install it once it gets back from the dealer from getting a new frame next week. Was wondering if anyone else had put the 2" level on their Tacoma and how it looked? Also was wondering if it would look better with a 1" block in the back to go with the 2" lift in the front or if the the 2" level would be enough to give it just a little lift but not make it look to awkward?

2. Mar 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    newskooler

newskooler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Shasta, Ca
    Vehicle:
    1997 ext cab base, 2012 Base Access cab, 2018 trd OR
    Mall Crawler
    your getting a new frame. why dont you talk to the mechanic about installing it for you while hes putting it all together anyways?:D

3. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    Ya I would check out gettin them to throw it on for you while they are reassembling your truck!

And idk how bad the front rack is on tacomas but most of the ones I've seen look pretty level already.

I know mine looks just about level but it may just be because the rear springs are so worn out that the ass sags now lol

Good luck!

4. Mar 2, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    brs127s

brs127s Well-Known Member

Member:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Vehicle:
    04 D-Cab 4x4 Limited TRD
    TRD Headers, Aero Turbine AT2525XL Deckplate Mod, TRD tranny cooler, King Coilovers, LR UCAs, Alcan 5 Leaf springs and Bilstein 5100s, Shrockworks front bumper, CBI rear bumper.
    I have the Readylift 2 inch leveling kit on my 04 D-cab and Readylift 1"block in the back. When I put the front kit on first, it had the nose slightly higher than the backend, so I added the rear kit. Truck sits pretty level now.

I would definitely check into having the mechanic put the kit on while they replace your frame. It shouldn't take them any more time, and you will need an allignment after each is done, so why not do it at the same time and just get one allignment.

5. Mar 2, 2011 at 6:49 AM
    wtmtntaco

wtmtntaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD xtracab V6
    Bilstein 5100's at 2.5", Grey wire, Wheeler's 1.5 aal,
    I hope you are going to a quality dealership for your frame replacement... I got my truck back and the bed was so crooked compared to the cab that it made me sick, took them hours to figure out was wrong, from swapping springs from side to side and then deciding that the bed needed "shims" (aka washers) to level it. It still sits crooked, also they replaced the leaf springs and never put my blocks back in. The truck will look good as I had a spacer lift in front with a block in the back, sat level or just a little tail high. Talk to the mechanic on the side if you know who might do it, the service manager most likely will not allow anything other than original toyota parts on your frame replacement since it is a warranty job.

6. Mar 2, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    You can always put the lift up front first to see how you like it and lift the rear later. I had an 04 ext cab that I put a daystar 2.5 in front with no rear llift and I thought it looked great, but it's in the eyes of the beholder that matters so any way screw the block and get an add a leaf instead. Blocks do nothing but raise the rear up, leafs do that and you just upgraded your suspension. Just a thought.

Products Discussed in

To Top