1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

questions about adding supercharger

Discussion in 'New Members' started by 4421.frank, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Jan 6, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    4421.frank

4421.frank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    02 double cab prerunner supercharged
    nasty dent on driver's side bed panel, shabby seats, cigarette burned interior roof, missing berf bar pad, cracked rain visor, removed hood scoop, unmentionable stain on back bench?
    Hey, i've owned my toyota for almost two years and i am thinking about buying a supercharger to install in it. It is a'02 doublecab sr5 iwth an automatic. I heard that a supercharged engine requires premium gasoline only. I sthis true? What other mods can be done to beef up the power and speed abit?

2. Jan 6, 2008 at 11:39 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
  3. Jan 7, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    4421.frank

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    nasty dent on driver's side bed panel, shabby seats, cigarette burned interior roof, missing berf bar pad, cracked rain visor, removed hood scoop, unmentionable stain on back bench?
    Thanx for the reply, I am probably goin to get the trd supercharger for it. what were the other mods you were talking about?:cool::cool:

4. Jan 7, 2008 at 1:13 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Fuel mods help with the lean out and pinging associated with being boosted. Fuel mods reduce or solve those problems. Did you click on that link I posted up above?

5. Jan 7, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    4421.frank

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    Sorry man, what was that link again?

6. Jan 7, 2008 at 3:35 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Click on the link that is posted on my first post right under your's.

7. Jan 8, 2008 at 4:25 AM
    colttsi

colttsi Well-Known Member

Member:
    The idea is simple. You' ve got more air coming in your engine so you need more fuel. If you decide to keep your stock injectors or change with bigger, you are gonna need at least a piggy back, like a s-afc or a e-manage ultimate to manage your injectors. Also, I think the supercharger kit you are gonna buy does not include an intercooler of any kind so you are going to have to run quite rich to keep the interns healthy. I'm talking about 10 to 10.5, 11.0 max of a/f ratio. I'm not sure if the stock injectors and your fuel pump are big enough to deliver that kind of fuel.
    I'm just talking by experience ( I don't wanna be a downer). I just don't want you to blow your engine because of a lack of infos.
    If you need any more infos, just pm me or post back on this thread.
    I hope this is gonna help you in your project.

8. Jan 13, 2008 at 5:27 PM
    4421.frank

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
  9. Jan 13, 2008 at 5:36 PM
    4421.frank

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    When I bought the truck it was used and and did'nt come witha few things namely the owner's manual. Because of this i have few questions that hopefully some of you can help me with they are; #1. What exactly does the overdrive button located on the transmisson selector do?
    #2 What does the green "extar power button" located to the left of the steering wheel and just under the instrument panel do?
    #3 The oil level dipstick that came with it has only two marks. What one is the desired fluid level?
    #4 When I first acccelerate in the morning it seems as if the differential "lags" just abit. What is this attributed to?:confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top