1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

questions on security, airbag switch, filter

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jylphoenix, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dec 26, 2009 at 1:23 AM
    jylphoenix

jylphoenix [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5 TRD
    Been part of the Toyota family for many years, but finally got a Tacoma
    2003 PreRunner Double Cab, purchased from a small dealer.

need to do some work on the the truck

1.) did not come with a remote for keyless entry, but I'm suspecting it has an alarm with the KARR alarm system. I tried researching for that company and couldn't really find anything. I'm debating of either going to the factory and having them install their alarm on (which I know will cost an arm & leg) or get an aftermarket alarm. any recommendations?

2.) on some of my friends' trucks, i noticed that they have a switch to turn off the airbag for the passenger side. I don't have that switch or if i do there is a hole in my console (not sure if that was supposed to be where the alarm sensor light goes or what). I don't intend on putting a kid in the front seat just wondering.

3.) Is there a difference in a regular oil filter and the TRD oil filter?

thanks, hope everyone had a merry xmas

2. Dec 31, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    KARR is an aftermarket vendor whose alarms are sold to dealers for point-of-sale installations. KARR alarms have a poor reputation (whether it's because they're crap or because dealers don't install them well, I don't know ...). Your cheapest alternative is probably a decent aftermarket alarm system.

The front passenger airbag cutoff switch was not included on pre-2005 Double Cabs, because there's a back seat to put children in.

Products Discussed in

To Top