1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick Head Unit Install Help Needed

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bowhuntingaddict, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jun 14, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    bowhuntingaddict

bowhuntingaddict [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just bought a pioneer avh-p3300bt, my first question is do i connect the ground wire on my wiring harness to the longer ground wire on the head unit's wiring harness, second, where is the best place to put the ground and thirdly, whats the best way to do the parking break bypass on my head unit?

2. Jun 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    sun

sun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner
    Pioneer avic-z130bt with axxess aswc and rear cam mod, audiovox 10 flip down monitor, Pyle pl76d headrest monitors, kicker cvr tens wired down to one ohm with hifonics Brutus 1200.1, Clazzio seat covers, 20% tint on front windows, polished factory exhaust, peragon retractable bed cover, pop n lock tailgate handle with dei actuators for automatic lock, viper 5901 alarm remote start with viper smart start, hid bixenon 4500k headlights with 4500k fog lights, led map license plate lights and dome lights
    best way to do the bypass for that pioneer is to get a relay from like autozone or whatever. pin 85 and 87 goes to ground pin 86 goes to remote wire (blue white wire from radio) and pin 30 goes to parking brake wire (light green).... and im kinda confused on what you are asking about the ground wire. connect the blk wire from the pioneer to the blk wire from your aftermarket toyota wiring harness connector

3. Jun 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    bowhuntingaddict

bowhuntingaddict [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeh i kinda feel like an idiot about the ground wire now, but i figured that out and everythings installed and working fine, i just gotta go buy a relay now, thank you for the help

4. Jun 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    You can also wire in a switch for the the bypass. Its pretty easy too.

5. Jun 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    sun

sun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner
    Pioneer avic-z130bt with axxess aswc and rear cam mod, audiovox 10 flip down monitor, Pyle pl76d headrest monitors, kicker cvr tens wired down to one ohm with hifonics Brutus 1200.1, Clazzio seat covers, 20% tint on front windows, polished factory exhaust, peragon retractable bed cover, pop n lock tailgate handle with dei actuators for automatic lock, viper 5901 alarm remote start with viper smart start, hid bixenon 4500k headlights with 4500k fog lights, led map license plate lights and dome lights
    yea the switch will work too but the relay just gives one less thing you have to worry about outside of your dash you know the realy does it automatically for you and btw i am not liable for bypassing your tv you should only do that at your own risk. and remember it is illegal in most states to have any monitor playing video that is in view of the driver. but on a lighter side it is nice for my little girl to be able to watch your baby can read at least til i get an overhead flip down dvd for her

Products Discussed in

To Top