1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick Q - combo meter lights issue

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Disquette, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Dec 7, 2009 at 10:27 PM
    Disquette

Disquette [OP] New Member

Member:
    The lights in my combo meter went out one at a time and like a dummy I just watched it happen without doing anything about it*. First it was part of the spedometer, then after a couple months or so, the rest of the backlighting gave out. The individual components such as the parking break light, work fine.

So, I'm thinking that, because I'm not mechanically or electrically inclined, I should take this to a dealer (not a shop - but a toyota dealer due to specific bulb needs?) to get them replaced.

Mostly this is a check to make sure I'm not overlooking anything obvious. Since lights went out in waves, I'm assuming it's not as easy as a fuse. Because of what i think are specific bulb requirements, I should take it to a dealership instead of an independent mechanic.

Did I overlook or misunderstand anything here? If anything I wrote seems dumb, assume the worst and that it really is dumb - I have virtually no knowledge of this sort of issue. I fix things that are explained in the owner's manual, but my skills and adventurous personality end there. This is a separate world to me.

Thanks much, in advance.

* on second thought, maybe it was good to let them all burn out so I only have to pay for the labor of removing the dash components for replacement once ;-)

Products Discussed in

To Top