1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick question about LED turn signals/DRL's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sg5845, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Mar 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    Sg5845

Sg5845 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma TRD OffRoad Edition
    What's up guys. I have a quick question about my DRL's/turn signals on my 2010 tacoma.

I replaced the headlights with aftermarket ones (picture below - they are awesome I think) and the yellow DRL's with a 45 LED tower. They look awesome too!

Unfortunately, the voltage is such that when they function as turn signals, they do the quick 'blinking" like when the bulb is burned out. I've read enough on here to know this is because the voltage of the LED is lower. The company that sells the LED tower sells a flasher for the LED bulbs that is designed for "Japanese Cars" A picture of it is included in here. So my question is this, does this new flasher:

1. Replace an existing flasher found in the truck (I think the one for the turn signals is up under the drivers side panel).

2. Wire in line under the hood as a second flasher near the headlights?

There are some pretty smart wiring guys on here so hopefully this is an easy question. Thanks a ton in advance!

Sg

IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top