1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Radio fader problem

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 33joe, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Feb 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM
    33joe

33joe [OP] Member

Member:
    ct.
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab
    Xtang cover,trd rims,side steps
    image.jpg I need help to determine where my problem lies. I have a 14 dc,standard non Jbl head unit. I have replaced front and rear door speakers .I installed an lci7 and an alpine 5 channel amp,everything works but I cannot get the fader to work correctly ,if I go to rear speakers it still play in front speakers,although the left side an right side work correctly with fader control on head unit, I tapped into the speaker outputs using the diagram shown here, although I noticed that there are more wires that were going to stock speakers than just eight shown picture,I placed a call to audio control and have ruled out lc7i as problem, I'm at loss for now

2. Feb 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM
    dmb1650

dmb1650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Blk Tacoma TRD sport DCLB
    Since you tapped into just the rear outputs to the Lc7i you lose the front to rear fade control. If you fade to the front do you lose output all together? Looks like the Lc7i accepts up to 6 channels of input. You could use all 4 channels into the Lc7i and retain the factory fade control.

The front door tweeters are wired in parallel with the mid so there is only 4 channels(8 wires) coming out of the headunit.

3. Feb 11, 2016 at 7:18 PM
    33joe

33joe [OP] Member

Member:
    ct.
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab
    I have all four speaker speakers wired to the head unit, using schematic above , to the lc7 so it has four channel in , and then goes to amp, I've checked wiring , and triple checked it , can I be sure 100% that the speaker diagram above is correct ?

4. Feb 12, 2016 at 5:13 AM
    dmb1650

dmb1650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Blk Tacoma TRD sport DCLB
    Did a little search. The Lc7i sums all the channels together. From what I read is that you lose the fade feature because of this. Maybe someone knows a solution to work around this. There was a lot of different forums that popped up when I searched. I'm sure you can find something there.

5. Feb 12, 2016 at 8:59 AM
    33joe

33joe [OP] Member

Member:
    ct.
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab
    Ok thx, I'll try to find something

6. Feb 13, 2016 at 5:14 AM
    bear263

bear263 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner TRD SP
    LED interior lights. Steering wheel mod. New radio. Amp, speakers and sub woofer.
    There is no way around having fade controls and use the summing feature of the lc7i. What the lc7i does is combine the front and rear channels and then sends the signal out the mains. Only option is to use your amp and adjust the volumes to your liking. I actually did not like the summing feature and turned it off.

7. Feb 14, 2016 at 2:53 AM
    TBayRay

TBayRay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad dub
    Ive gotta LC7i with fade option.
    So it can happen.

I think youve got ur polaritys crossed somewhere... I had the same issue for a lilbit too... Took awhile, but retracin everything out, I found it.

8. May 13, 2016 at 3:59 PM
    azi002

azi002 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Azi
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Camry
    Solution for Fader issue. purpose of audio control lc7i is to summing high and mid with low (optional) to get best equal sound from speakers. when you are connecting front speaker in channel one input make sure to connect Main channel output for front speakers same way connect rear speakers with channel 2 input and connect RCA line out put from channel 2. with summing option ON with Fader functioning option. you will not compromise with fader. but if you replace rear and front one of the input and output, you will loose fading option. always use Front speakers as channel 1 input even your front speakers are MID speakers.

9. May 13, 2016 at 4:02 PM
    azi002

azi002 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Azi
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Camry
    Use front speakers for channel 1 input and RCA cable in main output. and use rear in channel input and RCA in channel 2. you will get your fader option back.

10. Aug 20, 2019 at 12:03 PM
    purplenova

purplenova New Member

Member:
    New member - found this while searching for similar issue on my Tundra.

Anyone familiar with the FADE issue still around?

Figured it out. Had some wires crossed on the amp output side.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019

Products Discussed in

To Top