1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rats nest

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by avid, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Nov 27, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    RickG

RickG It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Member:
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Color matched grille, Access tonneau, OEM Temp/compass, De-badged, OEM hitch, Custom rear storage/dog deck, LED foot well lighting, Illuminated 4x4 switch
    One of the best rodent control methods I've found is to take a 5 gallon bucket, add 8-10" of water, and then float a handful of sunflower seeds on the surface of the water. Provide a way to get in and they will. Smaller containers will work for mice.
    Naturally, if you park outside in cold weather, this won't be much help, but it really does keep the rodent population in check in your garage or barn with no poisons or traps for your pets to get into.

2. Nov 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    Lmao, I can see this happening.
    "Rats, sir? Okay sir. Please step out of the vehicle, and I'm going to ask you to blow into this little machine here."

It's funny though, cos today, I helped my neighbor tow his cousin's broken-down Isuzu truck back to his cousin's yard, and when we dropped the truck off, we saw a rat take off across the field from the area of the truck. The yard cat saw it and gave chase, and had that rat dead in about five seconds. He then proceeded to go under the house and eat it.
    We popped the hood on the truck, and sure enough, there was a rat's nest, with lots of turds. Didn't see any chewed wires or anything though.

Products Discussed in

To Top