1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rattle From Rear-Driver's Side

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jaymzrstee, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Jan 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM
    jaymzrstee

jaymzrstee [OP] 我爱我的Tacoma

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab Long Bed
    Flowmaster Cat-back Dual-side Exhaust, K&N High-Flow Drop-in
    Hey all -

After installing a new exhaust (Flowmaster 17432 Cat-back System - Dual Side Exit - American Thunder - Moderate/Aggressive Sound) I've noticed a rattle coming from the Driver's side exhaust area of my truck (2008 crew cab, "long" bed). It doesn't seem to want to make the noise when I'm back there looking but it looks like the pipe is REALLY close to the rear leaf shackle.

Anyone else had this problem and if so, was there something in particular you did to remedy the sound? It's a really nice truck and it is really lame that all that work to get the dual exhaust system installed and now my baby has a rattle.

I'm pretty new to auto-upgrades so if I sound like an idiot, it's because I'm a total noob to this.

For the record, I broke one of the spring loaded bolts on the flange and am awaiting the replacement. The sound isn't coming from that part of the truck but could that be it?

2. Jan 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    Pics?

Get someone to rev the engine while you are back there looking. I had this happen on a jeep. All I had to do was twist the pipe just a tiny bit so it moves away from what ever it is hitting.

3. Jan 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    jaymzrstee

jaymzrstee [OP] 我爱我的Tacoma

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab Long Bed
    Flowmaster Cat-back Dual-side Exhaust, K&N High-Flow Drop-in
    I'll get a couple pictures up tomorrow and maybe a video if I can get it to be somewhat consistent. Any suggestions for what to use to bend the hangers without doing bad things to the pipes?

Products Discussed in

To Top