1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Re: Motorcyclist charged with video taping of officer...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Tillers_Rule, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    vinnyvavoom

vinnyvavoom Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2020 White SR5 4WD DC LB
    of course
    Gun was completely unnecessary. In CT, we are allowed to carry guns. If I was on my bike (not that I would ever ride in such a dangerous manner or our highways), I may have pulled my gun as well. Then someone is dead because a cop didn't clearly think the situation through before exiting his car. There is no reason anyone would consider him a cop. And life and death situations with guns, do not take long to play out.

2. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    Both were in the wrong, If the guy on the bike wasn't riding like that none of this would have happened. Also I think the marked police cruiser should have pulled up 1st or the unmarked should have shown a badge. The guy on the bike started backing up it seems like b/c he thought the Malibu didn't see him. The cop pulled his gun b/c he probably thought the biker was going to flee. I still think it's the bikers fault this all happened.

3. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Huh...Imagine that- The whole thing never woulda happened if the biker wasn't breaking the law. What a concept.

Yeah...The cop coulda done it better. But everyone has days at work they could do better. "What if's" don't matter- "What did" matters. No one got shot- The d-bag squid got a ticket. That's all she wrote. If he wasn't speeding/stunting on the public roads- Non issue.

I am also interested in the fact that despite it happening fairly often- Cops getting shot rarely makes major news. 1000's of LE actions take place all over the country every day...but the good ones never get attention. Just the ones that someone is upset about or feels they got screwed.

4. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    maxboostcore

maxboostcore Well-Known Member

Member:
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    I agree with everything you say but I think it's hard to think when your in that position. Kind of like when people won't put their car on neutral when there car won't brake. I completely agree with you. None of this would happened if the biker didn't do what he did.

5. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    i agree for the most part. The only part that really gets me is pulling the gun right away, and not presenting himself as a state trooper. I've been approached by a cop who didn;t present himself as a cop and demanded my keys. I had some choice words before he told me he was a cop. (Hillbilly bonfire i was attending). I didnt really care that he didnt let me know he was a cop right away, but didnt make a scene over it.

6. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    even if the dude was was going to flee,what was the cop going to do, shoot him???cops fragile soul couldnt handle losing the biker so he wanted to use excesive force?i agree the biker is at fault first,but the cop fukd the rest of the story up.now the cry baby,i mean cops,are going to hammer the guy for the video.

7. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    x10000 All the Tiger Woods crap was all over the news... seriously who gives a crap! There was a stand off in Oregon or somewhere that I read about on here, nothing was on the news...WTF is wrong with the news stations.

8. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:01 PM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    This.

You know, as a sport-biker myself, I don't feel sorry for retards that openly do dumb shit on crowded highways. And it labels the rest of us as squids.

Nice CBR though :)

9. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    ^----this made me :laugh:

i hate double standards. the police can use any taped images against you in court, but they are not held to the same standard? i think all cop cars and uniforms should be the lime green color that highway workers have to wear...why do they need to hide on the freeway..or anywhere for that matter. i'd rather have them be easily seen so i can find them if i need help and they don't get ran over during a traffic stop. our highway patrol cars used to be grey with uniform consisting of black pants and grey shirt...no f*cking wonder you're getting hit on the side of the road!

the officer in this event is wrong.so is the doosh on the bike...but there's no reason to pull a pistol. i don't go for the old "officer felt he was in danger" stuff. as stated previously in the thread...if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen and don't be a cop.

for you officers out there who handle business the right way...Thank You...i sincerely appreciate the sacrifices you make to keep me from having to make them myself.

for the one's who don't...your job is to protect citizens...this is accomplished better by taking a bullet FOR them, rather than shooting one AT them.

10. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    3.4PDM

3.4PDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    an unmarked car. No lights or siren. No identifying marks whatsoever on the person getting out of the car.

The police man should be thankful he didn't get his head blown off. Pulling a gun like that is asking, no, begging to be shot dead.

11. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I lol at all the bravado in this thread.

I didn't see if the rider had gloves on or not...but I doubt that many if anyone posting here could draw and fire fast enuf to kill the cop and/or avoid taking a few rounds to the chest. I know my own draw posture and I know my posture straddling/supporting my bike...and they aren't the same. Throw my riding leather gloves on...and there is no way I'm going to try to draw if his gun is already in his hand...

12. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    3.4PDM

3.4PDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    And the charge of taping the officers is purely a DA move. Throw enough shit to build up a case and hope to "reduce" it to what you really want.. Classic move.

13. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
  14. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
  15. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
  16. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    ::goes to find examples and make diddy a hermit::

17. Apr 16, 2010 at 1:02 PM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    But he didn't and the cop drew the gun before identification - case closed

Yep, totally agree and caught on tape!
    Lots of this stuff happens and its not caught on tape. Kudos to the guy and news for showing it like it really was in my opinion...nothing but a macho cop thinking he can do what he wants. They give the good cops a bad name.

18. Apr 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    blake1012

blake1012 Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    BAM!

The end.

19. Apr 16, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    SteelDirigible

SteelDirigible Ranger Driver

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
    Brush guard, K&N Intake, Line-X, In-dash Nav system, Audio system, CB Radio
    I'd say both are lucky they aren't dead or in more trouble, and I bet they both learned a lesson

20. Apr 22, 2010 at 1:44 AM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    yeah, i think that mother and her two kids in the kia would just run the biker over before the biker ever killed them....

bike = 400 pounds

kia = 3500-4000lbs

Products Discussed in

To Top