1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear axle out of square

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Crgrey42, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Nov 6, 2019 at 1:21 PM
    Crgrey42

Crgrey42 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    CNY
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 13 TXPRO DCSB
    Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I don't remember the install as I had to do 3 sets that day on friends trucks, So I will take it apart and check.

2. Nov 6, 2019 at 3:13 PM
    Jason TRD OR

Jason TRD OR SIBI BUILT LLC

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sibi Built LLC Placentia, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4X4
    King suspension w/ compression adjusters custom valving and 700# coils. Icon DJ uca. Icon RXT leafs Option #3. Durobumps. Demello rock sliders. Demello 30” Light Bar Baja Hoop bumper with Smittybuilt X2O winch w/ Amber baja design fogs w/ single row Baja Designs S8 amber light bar. Brute force Fab HC rear bumper. Behind Grille Light bar. TRD Pro Skid plate. Pelfrey Mid and Transfer case skid. TC spindle and cam tab gussets. Pop and lock. Method NV wheels 16”. SpiderTrax 1.25” wheel adapters. Yokohama Geolandar M/T (315/75/16). CMC. Radiator core reinforcement. Pro grille. Tailgate inlays. Baja Designs A pillar Ditch lights. Leer 100 XQ shell w/ power locks. In bed mounted spare. Blacked out emblems. Bed Mat. Bed Stiffeners. K&N air filter. Black Headlight Mod w/ LED projectors. Wrap Armor Anti glare hood and bedside decals. American flag decals. Northstar 24F AGM Pro battery. Differential breather relocate to rear tail light. Prinsu Designs Cabrack and Cap rack. OVTUNE Sibi Custom performance 4.88 91 fuel AGM . Nitro Gear 4:88 gears. Mountain hatch tailgate insert. In bed mounted Krazy Beaver shovel with Relentless quick fist bedrail mounts. MESO ultimate turn signals. AJT Designs Quicksand Key Fob. ECGS front needle bearing bushing replacement. Tepui LoPro 2 RTT.
    Possible depending on the leaf pack and where the clamps are. Check it out.

3. Nov 6, 2019 at 3:59 PM
    Xtm3330

Xtm3330 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD sport. DCLB
    Toytec boss 3"
    Could one leaf spring be installed backwards?

4. Jun 2, 2020 at 7:06 AM
    Crgrey42

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    CNY
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 13 TXPRO DCSB
    I did get this figured out. The hole in the spring perch was ob longed a bit. With the current leaf pack I replaced with a grade 8 bolt and it fit good enough to stay still. I just picked up an EL096 pack and will be installing that. So what are the solutions to fix that hole so that it sits where it needs to? Will welding around it and re drilling work?

5. Jun 2, 2020 at 7:20 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    I'm not sure what the heating from the welding would do to the leaf. Probably fine. Not sure if a sleeve might be better to take up some slack?

6. Jun 2, 2020 at 7:30 AM
    Evenflow

Evenflow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes
    A slight variation lime that in the perch does not explain a 1” variance. Did you double check that you did not install one side with the leafs flipped 180 ?

7. Jun 2, 2020 at 8:02 AM
    Crgrey42

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    CNY
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 13 TXPRO DCSB
    I am going to pull it apart one night this week, so I will check. I do not believe they are flipped, but I have done dumber things when rushing before.

8. Jun 2, 2020 at 8:10 AM
    MAG GRY TACO15

MAG GRY TACO15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD Off-Road
    Same crap everyone else got
    a combo of an oblonged hole in the spring perch and also all the holes in the leaf pack no aligned causing the pin to go through at an angle might cause enough off center to get you to be an inch off on one side. Just a theory but that would kinda rare. Unless your leaf pin isn't tightened down and it's allowing the leafs to shift and the oblonged hole was large enough to allow even more movement.

Products Discussed in

To Top