1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear axle problem info needed please

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by isonhood84, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Feb 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    isonhood84

isonhood84 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma
    cold air intake, 5 inch tuff country lift.
    I got a 2002 trd and i just put a lift on it, well took it to get alignment done and they said that the rear camber and caster was off. The reason it is off is probably because i had hit a pretty good size rock a while back going about 60 and pretty much pancaked the wheel so i figured it might have done some damage, it sheered the pin going through the leaf spring and cause it to get pushed back into the fender, long story short put everything back like it was and never had any problem, but i have only put about 8000 miles on it sense then. The place that did the alignment said it could possibly be a bent axle housing or axle itself. i haven't really felt and vibration or anything to indicate it being very bad if it is bent at all. wondering if anyone know what the long run problems could be if it is just even a little bent if there would even be and long run problems and if anyone know a cheap place online that sells trd axles maybe i could check out getting a new one, i mean the one i got now is a little dirty anyway

2. Feb 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Maybe you'd have more answers if you actually created better sentencing... It probably is a bent axle housing, just drive it till it breaks. Which will be awhile. Take picture of it dead on to see if you see any slight bend.

Products Discussed in

To Top