1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear body side panel Tacoma 07

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacorule, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Jun 16, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    tacorule

tacorule [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    Hi my first post and asking a big help,.. anyone knows how to replace the rear side panel of a 2007 Tacoma with short bed. The reason is that last week my truck got hitted on the rear bumper and as it bended it hit the driver rear side panel also. My intention is to replace the side panel with a new one,and do it myself, in this moment I can't afford a body shop.
    Thank you for your time
    George

2. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    Fairly simple actually.. too bad you live so far away, could have gave you a hand...

Anyways... if i can remember correctly, since i havnt done this in 2 years....

1. Remove plasctics from bumber, and remove all of the bolts to take off bumper..
    2. Remove Taillight
    3. Disconnect fuel filler (4 rivets will have to be drilled out)
    4. Remove Plastic bed cap (2 clips, should lift off with a little tugging)
    5. Remove mudflap and wheel liner
    6. Slide entire bed away from cab at least 6"
    7. go around the entire bedside and remove all of the bolts
    8. Lift off bedside (take care not to hit the cab, i usually throw a strip or 2 of duct tape up the edge of the bedside just in case)
    9. Replace painted bedside and repeat steps in reverse!

Sounds more complicated than it really is.. im sure someone will chime in if i missed anything...

3. Jun 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    tacorule

tacorule [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    WOW !! Kevin, I really appreciated your help, in order to slide the bed away I should remove the six bolts holding it to the chassis ?? Am I correct ?

4. Jun 16, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    Yes...

5. Jun 16, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Ohh im sorry i just realized i never put remove the six bolts haha.. i must have erased it when i re-numbered the steps.. sorry... if you have any other questions dont hesitate.

6. Jun 16, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Was it the other person's fault that your bumper/side panel got bent? If so, you should have them pay for the parts and labor. When some lady hit my front bumper valance not too long ago she paid for all the parts and labor to fix the damages.

7. Jun 18, 2011 at 6:31 AM
    tacorule

tacorule [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    Kevin,.. so far.. so good !! Thank you very much for your help.
    If you need anything from south Florida, here we are !!!!
    George

8. Jun 18, 2011 at 7:00 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    This is just what I needed, a contractor on one of my jobs just asked me yesterday if I could fix his daughter's 06 rear fender, I told him I was on this site and I would bet that someone here has done it.

9. Jun 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Happy to Help!:taco:

Products Discussed in

To Top