1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Diff Locker Help?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by stillar, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aug 6, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    stillar

stillar [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2002 trd
    Elite Fab front bumper, 6" fab tech lift,deck mod, rear diff ext, warn winch m8000, Looking for Ideas on rear Bumper
    I just bought a 99 trd. I have read a bounch of threads about the locker. I just took my truck out in a sand pit climbing hills. So had it in 4 hi. Put it into 4lo when stoped and in N. That worked. But i could't get the light to stop flashing when i tried the locker. So i put it on a hill and climbed slowly so I could spin to see if it actually was locked. So in 4 hi 1 back tire spins, but in 4 lo both turn at the same speed, and then when the locker light is flashing both rear tires spin at the same speed as well. So what is the difference from 4 lo to when its locked. I was wondering if it was flashing could it actually be in locked, because turning was really hard. I tried all angles back and forth turning the wheels to try and get it in but the light would still just flash. I've read a bounch of these kind of threads but thought I would still ask. Any help would me great.Thanks

2. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Cibie Halogen. Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Flashing means NOT locked.

3. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    When you try to lock it turn the wheel from side to side. The locker splines have to line up for the locker to lock.

To Top