1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Drivers side Taco Lean leveled with Ride Right air bags

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Therealwinshady, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Jun 12, 2015 at 3:32 PM
    Therealwinshady

Therealwinshady [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    Portland(west linn), Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD Sport
    5100's and 885's, AAL, fog light mod, map light mod, viper 5706, OR tow hook, inverter anytime mod, Firestone air bags, devil horns, hood scoop riged light bar, 32 inch bumper light bar,
    Just installed new airbags yesterday on my 2011 Sport

I’ve been reading through the forums on Taco lean and adding the 1/4 inch spacer to the front, which I don’t think will help my situation. My lean is in the rear… My passenger side stock is 31 inches and drivers REAR is 30.

I have a rev-tech leveling kit and 1.5" AAL in the back. Didn’t really notice the lean much before because I just thought it was the whole back end sagging evenly due to the crappy leafs, so I bought the Ride Right air bags.

Went to start measuring to see what different PSI does what and lone behold I’m about an inch lower on the driver’s side before even adding air; I do have a full tank of gas and will check when it’s empty.

From the bottom of the rim on the FRONT TIRES to fender it's 31 inches on each side. Front is level

I can get the rear to level out from the bottom of the rim on the REAR TIRES to fender at 32 inches on each side.

BUT then the driver’s side air bag is at 46PSI. Passenger side is at 22 PSI.

What are everyone’s thoughts on running the bags with such a different pressure, even if I put the passenger one at 10psi the drivers is going to be at 25-30 just to level it out. Are there any danger/handling issues I need to be aware of with what I'm doing? Would getting the new leafs from the dealer when the TSB comes out help? I have 77k on it now and have the 100k warranty, should I take it into them or are they going to tell me to pound sand?

2. Jun 13, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    Therealwinshady

Therealwinshady [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    Portland(west linn), Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD Sport
    5100's and 885's, AAL, fog light mod, map light mod, viper 5706, OR tow hook, inverter anytime mod, Firestone air bags, devil horns, hood scoop riged light bar, 32 inch bumper light bar,

Products Discussed in

To Top