1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear end clunk?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rzimm001, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Jun 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    I have a 2008 access cab pre-runner, and I'm experiencing a clunk/clank noise when I hit a decent size speed bump. It's definitely coming from the rear or middle area and I want to say it is the rubber transmission mount/bushing. I go off road a lot and I think the bushing might have finally worn out. I got under my truck and it would appear that there is a nylon washer underneath the mount. So it seems that when the rubber bushing reaches its max, the nylon washer makes contact. On the other hand maybe someone here knows better. Any ideas?

Products Discussed in

To Top