1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear gear brands? Speed correction?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Blkturbo!, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Apr 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    Blkturbo!

Blkturbo! [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma; 05 Seadoo RXP; 94 Turbo Supra
    Icon Coilovers, Downsouth UCAs, rear Icon "2.5" shocks and Toytec single AAL. Still gotta do exhaust, dark headlights and re-gear the rear diff.
    Hi, Im planning to re-gear my truck professionally at a local speacialty shop. Are there any particular gear manufacturers that I want to stick with for the Tacoma? I dont want any cheap crap that's gonna spit broken teeth around in my rear diff assembly.
    I believe the shop told me one of their gearsthey use is "Yukon" brand. Good, bad, any others?

I have an 08 auto tranny Sport package. Im under the impression I have 3:73 now. And from reading threads, it seems my bets/only choice is 4:56, correct? Anybody using that combo...how are the RPMs at 75mph?

How do we correct the speedo with different gears and 33in tall tires? Is there a replacement speedo gear available for these trucks?

Thanks a bunch! Ive been reading and searching but Im not quite finding answers to MY truck and MY questions per my combo.
    sean

Products Discussed in

To Top