1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Leaf TSB done Today

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toycoma06, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Feb 5, 2008 at 7:22 PM
    Toycoma06

Toycoma06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    20% window tint, emblems removed, aftermarket grill, TRD Pro shift knob,4'' RC lift with BDS 2.0 fox rear shocks, 285x65r18 Nitto Ridge Grappler, 18x9 Monster Energy 540B 0mm offset, ...and more to come
    First and foremost I would like to thank all who enlightened and imparted your wisdom on me. I debated for months whether to get the TSB done or not. I would specifically like to thank KHFACTOR. This member is responsible for the ease in which I got the TSB done. He recommended that you get it done via the 1-800 number and I concur. It was as easy as 123 and I am super pleased.
    I called the number 1-800-331-4331 they asked me a few questions. I gave them my info. Within 5 minutes of hanging up with the Toyota Customer service rep, Mechanicsville Toyota called to set it all up. The next day I brought it in they ordered parts and 4 days later it was completed. Like I said it truly was easy as pie. No hassles or anything. Start to finish from the time I called it took a total of 6 days. I brought it in at 10am I had it back home by 5pm. I was very happy with the process.
    I didn't notice much difference in the ride itself. But it seemed to take the spongy, swaying feeling out.

2. Feb 5, 2008 at 7:32 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Congrats. I still need to get mine done. I plan on trying the 800 number when the time comes.

3. Feb 6, 2008 at 3:19 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    I got the runaround at the dealership today when I asked about it in conjunction with my 5K mile service. The 800 number is in my future too.

4. Feb 6, 2008 at 5:13 PM
    Toycoma06

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    20% window tint, emblems removed, aftermarket grill, TRD Pro shift knob,4'' RC lift with BDS 2.0 fox rear shocks, 285x65r18 Nitto Ridge Grappler, 18x9 Monster Energy 540B 0mm offset, ...and more to come
    Hey Sawdust thats what the dealer did to me untill i called the 800 number. Once You call the number its a done deal.

5. Feb 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    I'm not going to have time to do this for a couple of weeks, but I would be interested in hearing a bit more. Is this number to complain that the dealership didn't address your concerns? Do you bring up the suspension TSB to the rep on the phone?

I get the impression that if Toyota had their way, we would not have copies of the TSBs in our hands.

6. Feb 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I called the number. You should use it when you have problems with a dealer. Bring your truck into the dealer, complain about it and tell them you want the TSB done. They'll say "we need to check it out first." Let them, they'll probably order the parts after they have "checked" your truck. You'll have to bring it back in a week later when they get the parts in. So you don't waste a trip, ask them to tell you the part numbers that they got in. They put the original parts on my truck and I didn't notice until I got home!

If the dealer says no, then call the number and tell them to set it up for you.

7. Feb 7, 2008 at 2:27 PM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    OK. Maybe I'm willing to play nice guy too long, but I think I'll put together a nicely worded, but firm email to the service advisor I worked with and attach the TSB. I really didn't get a chance to push when I picked up my truck and they denied the TSB because I was in a hurry. If that doesn't work, then I'll give them a black mark with corporate.

8. Feb 7, 2008 at 2:52 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I hadn't heard about that...I'd call the number then.

9. Feb 7, 2008 at 3:15 PM
    Toycoma06

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    Hey SAWDUST... thats what the dealer did to me first. They gave me the run around by saying. "we have to check into it, bring it in bla bla bla " So i called the magic "800" number and told the rep. what my truck was doing and that i thought a TSB was out for this problem. They asked me did i have the TSB # . SU006-07 and i said yes.Then they asked me for my Vin# to verify my truck and with a few more questions they gave me a case# and then it was pretty much all set up from there!!!!!

10. Feb 7, 2008 at 3:33 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Glad that worked out for you toycoma...Sounds like the way to go about it.

11. Feb 7, 2008 at 7:23 PM
    khfactor

khfactor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD Sport
    Pop N Lock + Hose Clamp. DTRL, AFE drop-In Dry filter, 6-1/2" Replacement Speakers, JVC HD Radio, Sam's club variety Floor mats (cheap but effective), Chrome Exhaust tip, Bed Mat from ol' Ford Ranger. As of 3/25/2020, the Odometer just turned 70K.

Hello Toycoma06,

Glad that I could help you out. It's always nice to hear that someone was able to apply one's recommendation and obtain services rightfully and justifiably entitled from these dealerships. Afterall, we paid humongous sum for our trucks.

Now, you go out and help out, if you can, other members with similar problems by spreading the 1-800-331-4331 word of wisdom... Ha ha..

Enjoy your new firmer ride !! :)

12. Feb 16, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    dbatt

dbatt Active Member

Member:
    tx
    Vehicle:
    TRD 2wheel drive double cab
    nerf bars, window vents, bug guard.
    Ok I'm not real sure what you guys are talking about w/ this TBS thing but is it just for 4x4's. I have an 07 trd pkg 2 wheel drive w/ 5500 miles should I have it checked out ? thanks

13. Feb 16, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    Flycatcher

Flycatcher Master of the Universe

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2009 Acadia (regretfully sold the Taco)
    I just got mine done today. Contrary to apparently everyone else, the 1-800 number was completely useless. They told me to talk to a local dealer. I did just that and everything seems to have worked out fine. The truck sits about 1.5" higher now with the new 4 spring packs.

14. Feb 17, 2008 at 1:39 AM
    pdxyota

pdxyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Newberg, OR
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 5M 2TR-FE SR5 Access Cab Indigo Ink Pearl
    TSB x 2 because first TSB leaf springs broke
    MY dealer kicks ass, it was easy as asking for it. It cured the sway, the mushy rear end, the steering shudder, the allignment was a savior.

2.7L non-TRD, so I got 4 Bilstein shocks & 4-leaf pack. NICE!!

15. Mar 18, 2008 at 5:05 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Yes and No. The 1 800 didn't do anything. The service tech ordered the parts in the morning and the service manager called back that afternoon and reniged because of his warranty guy. Parts called 4 days later and said parts were in. Service still not allowed to do work. A month goes by and service manager calls and sets up a time. Love the difference which raised the rear only approx. .75" and nice firm but not harsh ride. Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75" in the front to level it out are in my future when these get soft.

Products Discussed in

To Top