1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear lift question for 09 4WD

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Wanderer32, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    Wanderer32

Wanderer32 [OP] Member

Member:
    Homeless
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Camburg front suspension lift, OME rear lift
    I just bought a used 09 Double Cab base model 4WD. The previous owner has installed the Camburg 2.5" coilovers with the Camburg A-arms and mounted 285/70's on 17" rims. He did not lift the rear however and the truck rides with the nose pointing up in the air higher than I would like. I think lifting the rear about 2" to 2.5" will give me the ride height I want. The question is, which method should I go with to lift the rear? As with most of us, money is tight right now so I'm looking for an economical solution but I don't want to go with a block or shackle lift because it seems like a waste when the guy spent $1600 on the front lift. This is my daily driver and I will do some 4-wheeling on the weekends and also load motorcycles in the back so I'm looking for a solution that will give me the best solution considering all that it will be used for. Oh, and the truck does have the 3-leaf pack in the rear and I'm familiar with the TSB thanks to all the posts on this site. Thanks in advance for your advice!

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    eschmunk

eschmunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD Off-Road
    GrillCrafter Upper and Lower, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers, Di-Noc Carbon Valence Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Rubbermaid "ActionPacker" containers for bed storage.
    save a couple bucks and get a full-leaf pack

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah just throw on some AAL's and some 5100's and you should be good to go!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top