1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Locker Wiring

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ShishkaBOMB, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Dec 1, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    Here's what I use ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322760303.636469.jpg

2. Dec 2, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    ShishkaBOMB

ShishkaBOMB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Everything is OEM except the last picture i posted, i am missing the connector at the diff.

I taped 2 D batteries together, touched what i assume was the ground from the actuator to the negative on the battery, and touched the heavy gauge wires from the actuator to the positive. Nothing happened.

3. Dec 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    Don't even worry about the ground, you want to put the negative on one side of the battery and the positive on the other side. And than you simply swap the sides the wires are on if you need change the direction the motor runs.

Honestly if you don't know the vary basics of electricity at a minimum it's going to be hard for you to fix this if the way I'm describing it doesn't work for you.

4. Dec 7, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    ShishkaBOMB

ShishkaBOMB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BUMP

Yea, Stout890, I did exactly that, but still got nothing.

My electrical experience is minimal. But i'm researching and following videos like this, which is similar to what i'm trying to accomplish:
    http://youtu.be/xIMHGkxw72o

Products Discussed in

To Top