1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear offroad bumper ideas/opinions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 98fourbangertaco, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Nov 25, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    i have a 1998 taco that im planning on armorin up, i have a set of stubbs wielding sliders, and an arb front bumper already on order, now its time to think about the rear. I really like the demello offroad bumpers but there a little too pricey for me. I like the allpro beacuse of the way it uses the factory tag lights and has a good looking liscense plate mount as well as points for 3/4in recorvery shackles like the demello does but it doesnt have a built in reciever for towing. Trail gear offers a decent lookin bumper that is considerably cheaper than the rest and has a recever but no tag light or liscense plate mounts as well as no points for recovery shackles. Right now i am leaning toward the allpro and buying the brackets they make that allows you to use your factory hitch. That is really gonna kinda put me over my budget but i want something that i will be happy with the first time, if anyone has any other ideas or opinions please feel free to share, thanks in advance

2. Nov 25, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Have you looked into CBI?

3. Nov 25, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    ive looked a litte, not much cause i wasnt really all that font of the look of em, im kinda lookin for a wrap around style bumper

4. Nov 25, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
  5. Nov 25, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    thanks, that standard double tube looks really good and it has shackle mounts and a tag mount but no reciever, wonder if u could user your factory hitch with that, and here in nc u have to have tag lights for sure i know, and i cant find there prices anywhere

6. Nov 25, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    They are made to order so I doubt adding a hitch will be a problem.
    It looks like this one has a light over the plate
    http://cbioffroadfab.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album04/josh_rear.sized.jpg

Give them a call tomorrow and ask about the light or pm them on here. They are in the vendors section.

Here are some prices but their site is under construction so call or pm to confirm.
    http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/store/page16.html

Tigerfan has the hitch but I bet you could get it under the plate if you don't want to plate on the tailgate
    [​IMG]

7. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the help man, i sent them an email and a pm, i really like the look of those bumpers though, just wonder what the price on em are, im kinda on a budget

8. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    ATO.

Ryan I know exactly where your truck is parked in your sig. Right at Sugar mtn! Represent!

9. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    represent!, best place around here to do some sking, wow how u know that if your from colorado, u come down here alot?

10. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
  11. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    I live kinda at the foot of the mountians in taylorsville, nc so it takes me bout little over an hour to get there, i love it up in boone and banner elk though, i love snow and cold weather, i bet its really nice right now in colorado

12. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man those demello ones are sick, ive checked em out but there just outta my budgets, sadly enough

13. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    I just moved to Colorado. I lived in Johnson City TN for the last 8+ years, about 45min to sugar. I went to sugar most of any of the ski hills around that area.

14. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    yea, there a bunch more trails at sugar than any of the others, i bet the skiing is pretty sweet in colorado

15. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:35 AM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    best early season snow in years! up to 106" for the season at Breck.

16. Nov 25, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    I would love to live somewhere like that, this months issue of fourwheeler mag had and article wheree some jeep club went to silverton and there looked like some pretty cool trail and awsome senery, I think one of the trails was big bear pass or somethin like that

17. Nov 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    ato ato ato

ftmfw

18. Nov 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I'm going to have some 1st gen bumpers available soon!! Might wait and see what I do. :)

19. Nov 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
  20. Nov 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    how much are the badland bumpers, they dont have prices on there website, and ive heard that your makin some relentless, im deff egar to see em, are they gonna be plate or tube, any idea on prices, when they come out, or pics? thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top