1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Setup/Dimensions?

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by ironman_jon, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Jan 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    2nd gen shock mounts are different so I am not sure about the lower mounts. 1st gens use the ubolt plates to double as a lower shock mount, so they cannot be reused.

For the angle of the shock it depends on how much travel you get in your springs and how much travel your shocks are. Example: if your leaf springs travel 18" and your shocks only travel 9" then you would have to put them at 45 degrees to let 9" shocks travel the full 18". The shock actually travels less but you have to bump up the valving so it can be as effective due to the extra leverage, so it gets hotter. Also an 18" shock would have more oil to keep it cooler. Ideally you would want the same travel shock and spring so you can mount them vertical and eliminate these issues

2. Jan 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    Nicks4x4LT

Nicks4x4LT Official Villain

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    714 Orange county
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 V6
    Custom front bumper, Icon 2.5 ext. travel coilovers, Defined rear long travel King smooties w/ resi. Avid Offroad sliders, Fiberwerx front fenders, Glassworks Shorty TT style rear glass, URD MAF calibrator, DT shorty headers, URD TCAI, Magnaflow catback
    The main deciding factor was price, Also i need my bedspace. Engage is really close to me as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top