1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Shocks for 5 lug lifted

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mr.g, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Aug 5, 2009 at 11:55 PM
    mr.g

mr.g [OP] gRenade Taco

Member:
    SoCal- I.E.
    Vehicle:
    05 Reg Cab Taco
    BHLM, Readylift Kit, Smoked TailLights, 31" M/T R
    I have had my Readylift kit on for my 05 Tacoma, Reg cab for a few months now. I have noticed the rear is very stiff when going over bumps and dips. I've searched on the forum and some say it's because the shocks are fully extended due to the incresed height from the AAL.

If this is why it's such a stiff ride, does anyone have any suggestions with what type/brand of Rear shocks to get and where to get them for a good price?:confused:
    Also, are the mounting points of the rear shocks for a 6 lug different from a 5 lug? (just to make sure, because most sites I've looked at for rear shocks don't specify if it fits a 5lug or 6lug)
    It's my DD, but I go wheeling occasionally on some sand/dirt...

Thanks in advance

2. Aug 6, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I've heard people suggest 5100's, the 6 lug stock TRD bilstien's, or some pro comps (can't find the thread with part no).

Products Discussed in

To Top