1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Suspension TSB Tomorrow

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thestrangebrew, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Sep 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    I guess I could try the one I bought it from, but I looked in that Thread you talk about and someone claims to have had it done there no problems:(.

2. Sep 2, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew [OP] AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    Well I went to Merced Toyota out here and spoke with Rick. They got my VIN, verified the parts nos. and they're ordering the parts today! He said they should be here in a few days, very possibly tomorrow so hopefully by next week sometime I'll have the TSB finished.

I'm a little concerned though because he said that the TSB was convoluted and was confused about the front suspension so they're going to just redo both the front and the rear. I could've sworn the rugged trails came with 5100s so I'll have to check the manual when I get a chance and see what's up. Either way, it looks like I'm getting hooked up so I'm not complaining!!

If anyone is in the Merced, CA area, go see Rick, he's a pretty chill dude.

3. Sep 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    HwyRogue

HwyRogue Resident Canuck

Member:
    Halifax, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport 4x4
    Arctic bull bar, hitch step, side bars (All by Avid Off Road!), BHLM, eye lids....
    Did you have to drop your rig off, or did you just drop in? I just called here and they want me to drop it off to see "what's going on" with the harsh ride / bottoming out... I still have 2.5k miles of warranty left so I wanted to get it in... I'd rather they just look at it, grab my VIN and the leaf part #'s from the truck and off I go, vs. dropping my rig off to them

4. Sep 4, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    thestrangebrew

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    I called the day before & mentioned the problem & the guy said to bring it in so they could check it out (i mentioned the tsb over the phone too). The next day I took it in & showed him the tsb and he said he just needed to run the vin & part numbers and see if I qualfied. Took about 10 mins for the tech to do his thing and I was good yo go. My guy said "obviously we wouldn't replicate the harsh ride/load issue so I'll just run the numbers" and that was all it took. Good luck hope this helps. Make sure you print the tsb.

5. Sep 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    Barry J

Barry J Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    My dealership has an e-mail set up to e-mail the service dept. to schedule service appt. So, i'm going to write that I'm having a "harsh" ride when there is a load, and that i found a "TSB" on it.
    And where it says "Preferred Appointment Date'...I'm going to just put "whenever the parts come in"
    Think it will work????
    Anybody use "Toyota of Greenfield" (Massachusetts)???

6. Sep 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    thestrangebrew

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    You can try the email service. I think I'd personally just take the truck in, show them the TSB and tell them you've been having a harsh ride with a load and you'd like them to fix it as soon as they can get the parts. Good luck.

7. Sep 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    HwyRogue

HwyRogue Resident Canuck

Member:
    Halifax, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport 4x4
    Arctic bull bar, hitch step, side bars (All by Avid Off Road!), BHLM, eye lids....
    So I thought I'd just drop in, have them check the #'s, give'em the TSB and leave happy.. nope!
    "Sorry sir, but our Tech's'll have to have a look to see what's going on first" :rant:

So I figure I'll just let'em know that when I'm carrying a heavy load and am traveling a ways that it's a pretty harsh ride.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I have another app't setup to drop the truck off to them here soon...

8. Nov 26, 2009 at 3:03 PM
    wht09taco

wht09taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    White 09 v6 4x4 sport
    Can somebody post the TSB that includes the 2009's

9. Nov 30, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    COTRD

COTRD New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport, 4x4 Double Cab
    Stock, I just bought it!!
    I just bought my 2007 Taco TRD DBL Cab Sport a couple months ago. I was noticing the rear end bottoming pretty easy, so I started looking around and discovered all of these threads and the TSB. Here is the problem, I have just over 39k on the truck.

I am guessing that I am SOL on getting this done. I called Toyota customer relations and got a case number, but I am guessing that I am on my own. Has anyone had any luck with a similar case?

Or, does anyone have some advice on what would be a good replacement spring pack with out adding much lift?

Thanks.

10. Nov 30, 2009 at 9:46 PM
    nelztaco

nelztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Levittown, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 SW
    UNDERCOVER, EIBACH COILS, TSB 4 LEAFS, TRD WHEELS, 255/85R16 KM2
    I called Toyota corporate today to try to get the tsb's for trans & suspension since I have to go in for 5000 mi service anyway. I dropped the name of a local dealership which a member of this forum had success with. The customer relations mgr. called within a couple hours & scheduled appt. to look at truck. Although it seems like I'll have to reproduce the problem for the dealer. He asked if I could bring it in loaded, but added that if not they have something they could load. My truck is an 09 so I've got my fingers crossed. I'm pretty sure I can duplicate the tranny issue no prob. Now I have to try and find some weight to throw in bed or tow something with a heavy tongue weight.

11. Nov 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    I was turned away early last week even though I already had a case number from Toyota help. Last Tuesday I had my appt at the dealer and they stated it was only for 4x4 not my 08 PreRunner. I went home that night and printed out the TSB (from Tacoma World) and was going back to the Dealer Wednesday when I got a call from them saying "sorry for the mistake, the parts are ordered". I should get a call this week to get mine done!

12. Nov 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    dlthunder

dlthunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Sold my Taco
    TRD Skid Plate Rear Seat 11inch DVD Toyota Bed Mat Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit Nerf Bars Tailgate Electric Dynolock D-ring Bedbolts
    Does the harsh ride include when towing a trailer as "loaded", basically I want to tell the guy it happens when I have my ATV trailer loaded vs. telling them I had a bunch of weight in the bed and was wondering if that would work?

13. Nov 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    nelztaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Levittown, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 SW
    Did you have to demonstrate the problem?

14. Nov 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    No. I left after my appointment and called Toyota help, which recommended that I demonstrate the problem, but got the call from the dealership before I had too.

15. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:12 AM
    JNL

JNL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Prerunner TRD Sport
    I took my truck to get the TSB right after I installed my 5100's to take advantage of the free alignment. After a bit of a hassle, my dealership did the TSB but when I went to pick up my truck the first thing I noticed were the ugly ass yellow and blue TRD shocks. The tech screwed up and replaced my 5100's with the stock TRD shocks. I went straight to the manager and he said he would get everything sorted out and give me a loaner for the rest of the day. They reinstalled them within a couple hours and delivered my truck to my house which was nice.

After all was said and done I am happy with the TSB, but I am very dissapointed in the quality of the techs working on my truck. Either they couldn't follow directions and didn't realize they were downgrading the noticeably beefier 5100's, or they were trying to rip me off and hoped I didn't notice.

Either way, I've decided that I am going to only take my truck to them for warranty work, but everything else I will just do myself.

16. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:21 AM
    nelztaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Levittown, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 SW
    Actually I think they could follow directions and thought that they were UPgrading your truck.

17. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:41 AM
    JNL

JNL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Prerunner TRD Sport

They obviously couldn't follow directions b/c the procedure for trucks equipped with the TRD package does not saying anything about replacing the shocks

18. Dec 1, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    nelztaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Levittown, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 SW
    I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at the dealer you went to. Whoever did it was trying to do their job & probably lost money that day because of his or her mistake.

Products Discussed in

To Top