1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear tsb procedure

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lizard1, May 13, 2010.

1. May 13, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    lizard1

lizard1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    Desert Sand Mica/4x4 off road w/lock rear
    Leer cap, rear TSB, BFG All Terrains 10 ply 265/75/16, mud flap trim, black badges, AFE filter, 3" Toytec lift, 884 OME coils, add - leaf, Bilstein 5100 all around
    I went in to my local dealership ( desert toyota ) and lied my ass off.
    Told them i loved my truck and happened to be 'on the road'
    on a road trip. Met another tacoma owner at a rest stop and talked about our tacomas.

I told my dealership the fellow brought up the weak rear end and that i experienced the same issue. Told the dealership i researched the leaf spring issue and "discovered the tsb".

I printed the tsb and shared it with the dealership. I was very polite but firm. Two weeks later it was installed!

Never told the dealership i educated myself from 'tacomaworld' and the dealership told me not to mention the tsb to others "because of the cost".

Educate yourself with this website before "demanding" something. Arm yourself well and you don't have to demand.

2. May 13, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    jrider636

jrider636 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    tally,fl
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma prerunner
    :D
    i did the same thing u did and they ordered the parts for mine and will be getting it done next monday! ida never known about it if it wasnt for TW!

3. May 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    Outlaw

Outlaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX470
    Water Pump, Timing Belt, Sparkplugs, Plastidip Grill emblem
    Just gotta be careful about how you go about getting the TSBs done.
    because a few bad apples might ruin the opportunity for others that really need to get it done.
    i was approved on my 09 , but they wouldnt on my '10, and so I just got a Toytec AAL and am even happier than I would have been getting the TSB AAL. Did it myself, so only cost was buying the AAL.

4. May 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    They told you not to tell anyone about it? That's ridiculous on their part.

I brought mine into my dealer and said "the rear sags bad when I put a load in the bed". They looked it up and said, no problem we'll fix it, common problem.

5. May 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    Semperfi

Semperfi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Angel Fire, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2010 Off Road S/B
    How is the ride after the install? My dealer said they would do the install, but I would be unhappy with the harsh ride. Are they stroking me?

6. May 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    ^^It rides like a truck instead of an SUV.

7. May 13, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    PRBulldog36

PRBulldog36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Bilsteins 5100's X4 front set at 2.5 and rear AAL,BFG Rugged Trail T/A P265/65R/17, Warrior 375 17X8 Wheels with Gorilla locks,Black Billet Grille top and bottom and replaced Toyo emblem with Dallas Cowboys Star by MetalMiller, Vent Shade window louvers and hood bug shield, Fog light anytime mod,Dome light Mod,Blue interior LED's, Six inch Black Chrome billet antenna,Firestik CB Antenna, Cobra 75 CB, 12Vt/DC outlet back of Center Console, CB external speaker, Sirius Satellite Radio, Westin tube step up bars (Chrome), Tinted windows (legal), Eyebrow on windshield (Limo),Leather arm rest mod,HID H4's(fog), HID plug and play 8000, Tailgate theft prevention mod and Tailgate Pop-n-Lock, Trailer hitch brake light,Garmin GPS Dashboard Mount, Baja Lights on the rear bed rail, In Bed Mt Bike carrier, Tail gate extender, N-Fab light bar with Four Hella 500's, Fold down antenna,WeatherTech digital floor mats, mount,Kenwood head unit, Polk Audio 6X9,Two 12 ' Subs MTX, Kenwood Excellon 5 1/4, Ke
    I have an 06 and way over 36k miles. I was denied three times. My truck sags with any weight and I have the Taco lean. They did confirm that my leaf springs have failed. What was yours doing for you to go with the Toytec AAL ?

Products Discussed in

To Top