1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear View Camera

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Yetimetchkangmi, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Jun 21, 2016 at 10:26 AM
    Yetimetchkangmi

Yetimetchkangmi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 The Yeti
    ARB front locker, Custom high clearance rear bumper, Custom plate front bumper, mile marker winch PE8, safari snorkel, Deck Plate Mod Fox 2.5 rr DSC, Camburg UCA, squeaky Dakar leafs, 5125 10" and custom 7.5" shackles, thee finest PNW pinstripes, MT-R, Nissan crew cab roof rack??? wtf is that about??? Allpro skids, Rigid duallys President McKinley CB with PA Recaro SRD with Wedge Engineering Morimoto retrofits Champion Rad Tundra brakes
    I am not affiliated nor receive any thing from this posting or company.

Rear view camera

2. Jun 21, 2016 at 10:33 AM
    elnip

elnip Well-Known Member

Member:
    LC,NM
    Vehicle:
    '98 Tacoma TRD S/C'd / '16 T4R Trail w/JFR EL Y-pipe 4.56's
    SC'd, fuel mods, Supra TT MAF, TRD headers, WI, Tundra Brake upgrade
    $$$$$$$ OUCH $$$$$$

3. Jun 21, 2016 at 11:05 AM
    Yetimetchkangmi

Yetimetchkangmi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 The Yeti
    ARB front locker, Custom high clearance rear bumper, Custom plate front bumper, mile marker winch PE8, safari snorkel, Deck Plate Mod Fox 2.5 rr DSC, Camburg UCA, squeaky Dakar leafs, 5125 10" and custom 7.5" shackles, thee finest PNW pinstripes, MT-R, Nissan crew cab roof rack??? wtf is that about??? Allpro skids, Rigid duallys President McKinley CB with PA Recaro SRD with Wedge Engineering Morimoto retrofits Champion Rad Tundra brakes
    Yeah but the alternative of getting T-Boned...

I was just talking to my wife about this last night as I was backing out of the driveway and couldn't see behind the tailgate...

4. Jun 22, 2016 at 8:47 AM
    skeezix

skeezix Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1998 Limited
    If you can't see behind the tailgate, you should try to see behind when you have a shell mounted on top of the bed. :rofl:

After I boogered my rear bumper a coupla times I installed an inexpensive rear-view camera and a small monitor. Now I can see what's behind me perfectly, even during a pitch-black night. Unfortunately, the camera's field of view is somewhere around 90 to 100 degrees, not quite enough to fully protect the truck.

If you install a backup camera, don't let it fool you. You can still easily get "T-boned" when you back out of a parking space. ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top