1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear wheel bearings...

Discussion in 'North East' started by Larzzzz, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Sep 28, 2019 at 12:24 PM
    Larzzzz

Larzzzz [OP] Grande' Ricardo

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    MA
    Vehicle:
    '06 dclb 350+ kmiles
    Aux back up lights, Bed lights, Re-located trailer plug, Good dooby, a.k.a. jumper cable mod, Heated seats, back up camera,
    I don't have the tools to do this. How much should i expect to pay to have it done? I'm north of Boston, but feel free to suggest anyplace that you've had good dealings with.

I have a droning sound that starts around 30 and is stupid loud between 50-60. It goes away for the most part in right hand turns.
    It's been going on for quite a while and I've replaced:
    Front, rear, tcase great oils. Both front wheel bearings and CV axles and the ecgs bushing. New tires last year. No change. Took the drive shaft out and test drove in 4wd/fwd, and still the same.
    What's left...?
    TIA

2. Sep 29, 2019 at 12:26 PM
    Larzzzz

Larzzzz [OP] Grande' Ricardo

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    MA
    Vehicle:
    '06 dclb 350+ kmiles
    Aux back up lights, Bed lights, Re-located trailer plug, Good dooby, a.k.a. jumper cable mod, Heated seats, back up camera,
    I think I found what's left... Rear diff :facepalm: it's back on the jack stands, wheels, drums, ds removed/disconnected.
    Without the stethoscope, I turned the differential by hand where the drive shaft connects. I am hearing what sounds like one note from a music maker inside is a jewelry box. It is not rhythmic or continuous. I looked to see if maybe a pebble got stuck between the diff yoke and housing. Nope.
    Seems I'm looking at a new/rebuilt diff:frusty: (<<<I actually do that on occasion because it feels soooooo good when I stop. Lol)

Products Discussed in

To Top