1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear wiper/washer does not work

Discussion in '4Runners' started by CFR1000, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Jul 24, 2016 at 3:16 PM
    CFR1000

CFR1000 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD
    K & N cold air kit, Gibson exhaust, R 1 concepts front slotted rotors, Braided brake hoses, stereo upgrades. All other parts replaced with Toyota parts.
    I just bought a 2007 4 Runner about a month ago. 57,000 miles, very nice and clean, great condition. I never tried out the rear wiper/washer since I bought it. I noticed this morning that the wiper was sitting on the lower part of the glass, not sure how it cycled to that position. I started the SUV and moved the controller to the low speed wiper position, nothing. Tried high speed and nothing, no washer spray either. The front wipers and washer works great and also in all speeds and int. The only fuse I could find for the rear is the washer, 15 amp, which is good. I cannot find the wiper fuse. The front washer and wiper is a 30 amp.
    Has anyone ever experienced this problem? Thanks in advance, hope its nothing major.

2. Jul 24, 2016 at 3:34 PM
    CFR1000

CFR1000 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD
    K & N cold air kit, Gibson exhaust, R 1 concepts front slotted rotors, Braided brake hoses, stereo upgrades. All other parts replaced with Toyota parts.
    Problem solved. We found out that a few other people had the same problem. What they said to do is to have someone hold the rear wiper arm away from the rear window, cycle the rear window down all the way then back up, move the rear wiper controller to cycle and the wiper arm will move then stop in idle position. Hope this helps someone.

dtaco06 and Jester243 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top