1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

recall notice.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by flyfishinMT, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Apr 15, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    flyfishinMT

flyfishinMT [OP] Active Member

Member:
    AK
    Vehicle:
    2011, AC, 4wd, auto, 4cyl
    K&N filter, Leer 180, WeatherTechs, PopnLock, OEM knock off fogs, Duratracs, 16" FJ Wheels, Avid Lightbar, KC Daylighters
    ALL: I setup an account w/ Toyota for my new truck. I logged in cuz I wanted to hit the manual and read up on oil change stuff and figure out how much 75w-90 I need for the front and rear diff and transfer case. I see RECALL and clicked on it.... This doesnt apply to my truck as I have base wheels and only SR5. BUT.....

Safety Recalls/Service Campaigns for My Vehicle

Below are the open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns that have not yet been completed for your vehicle:Vehicle: 2011 Tacoma (edited my vin # out)
    1.Non-Compliance B0B - Certain 2008 through 2011 Model Year Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Tacoma and Tundra Vehicles Equipped with Toyota-Recommended Light Truck tires and TRD Accessory Wheel Code: B0B Memo
    This is an important Non-Compliance Recall. It covers certain 2008 through 2011 model year Land Cruiser, Tacoma, Sequoia and Tundra vehicles on which both TRD Accessory Wheels and Toyota-recommended Light Truck (LT) tires were installed prior to the delivery of the vehicle to the first purchaser. These accessory wheels and tires were installed as a Post Production Option (PPO) by Toyota Motor Sales USA (TMS) or as a Dealer Installed Option (DIO). Vehicles with these accessory wheels and tires do not meet the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) telltale illumination requirements specified in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 138 because the telltale will not start illuminating illuminate at the inflation pressure specified by the standard.
    If you have recently completed any of these campaigns at an authorized Toyota Dealership, please disregard the notification above.

2. Apr 21, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    Joe in the hills

Joe in the hills Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cleveland, SC
    Vehicle:
    Timberline Mica SR5 TRD Offroad Towing Pk
    TJM Bull Bar Bumper, 7100 Bilstiens on FE, 4 Leaf Spring Retro
    Got the same thing when I checked my account on toyota.com/owners

So I'll have them check it @ the next oil change...

3. Apr 21, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    JoeSchmuck

JoeSchmuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 2x4 O.R., Timberline Green
    Pop & Lock, Access LE Rollup Cover, Alpine PDX-5 Amp, Image Dynamics CS-6/CX-6 & 10" Sub
    Glad to see an explaination of what this was. On my maintenance, I saw it there but no notes on why it was being done and what might be wrong. I have the standard wheels on my truck so looks like I was not affected.

That is just one more thing I don't have to worry about :amen:

-Joe

4. May 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    is_it_the_shoes

is_it_the_shoes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tallahassee
    Vehicle:
    2012 Mini Countryman S ALL4
  5. May 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but just to verify: This does not effect people with the regular TRD Sport or TRD Off Road models. Only those who put on different TRD wheels/tires.

6. May 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    To verify: This does not affect ANYONE.

Check your tire pressure people. It's easy. I didn't realize this was a lost art.

7. May 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    I was hoping I might get a free set for my OR wheels, but alas, the steel sensors shall remain safely in their PVC chamber. I got the notice today in the mail as well.

8. May 2, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    Largefarva

Largefarva Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fox Lake, IL
    Vehicle:
    '08 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4x4
    I got the same thing the other day....and what I took from it is that when I replace my stock rims that I won't have to worry about replacing the TPMS since none where ever registered with the system on my truck. But then again my stock rims don't look like the pictured ones on the recall notice....I just have the standard rims that came with my TRD off road package....so I might not luck out after all.

Products Discussed in

To Top