1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Receiver Removal

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by southpier, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jan 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    southpier

southpier [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    i did a "search" and just ended up reading a bunch of stuff about other modifications and got a little sidetracked.

Q: how does the hitch receiver come off?

Q: is there a rear crossmember which replaces it?

thanks

2. Jan 7, 2011 at 2:53 AM
    southpier

Member:
    well link #1 shows both trucks with the hitch still in place if i understand the pictures.

link #2 is somewhat more helpful, but if i understand the pictures, the guy ground off two locating tabs which were required to re-install the bumper in correct alignment.

i just figured someone along the way may have written up an accurate procedure. something along the lines of the 20 page thread on changing oil. something simple like that.

3. Jan 7, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    The hitch is an optional element and not an integral part of the frame. Depending on the particular design it might also tie into the rear bumper. Just unbolt it from the frame and remove it.

4. Jan 8, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Here you are

Attached Files:

5. Jan 8, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    southpier

Member:
    thanks a zillion for that. is this from the factory service manual? i've heard they're big $$$ but a onetime save like this could make the investment worth it.

6. Jan 8, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Yes factory 2006 manual. I got it for free off the internet. It was an iso file. I think it was on toyota nation. See if you can find it on google, if not I'll see if I can find it again.

7. Jan 8, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    southpier

Member:
  8. Jan 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    TakDwn

TakDwn Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC V6 Shortbed 4x4
    Bili's all around, front 5100's at 1.75", rear TSB w/AAL, 265x75/16 BFG AT, Wheelers steelies Type B 4" bs, LEER cap, Tinted, Relentless hybrid sliders welded, Cab mount chop, Plastic trimming, Sock retros, Mirror lift, Satoshi with old school emblem, WeatherTechs, Mudlaps gone, RedLine hood struts, Fumoto valve, Tailgate clamped, Console organizer, Mobtown Offroad Front Recovery Bar
    I have an FSM (Factory Service Manual) for my 89 and 98 Wrangler. It was $115 from an internet source for the entire HUGE book. It's paid for itself several times over. You don't have to be a mechanic or engineer to benefit from its usage. The books walk you through procedures and troubleshooting step by step. I'd highly recommend anyone to have one on hand if you want, and like, to work on your own vehicle...even if you want to learn how, this will give you the guidance needed.

Jason - I've never used pdf, web, files type FSM. I've had the book itself. Is it complete or sectioned? I'd like to find one for my 2010 Tacoma.

9. Jan 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    That top one is exactly what I have but I burnt it to a disk and put it back on my computer.

The 06 one that I have was free. Somebody posted it on another forum. It was an iso file but after you burn it to a disk and put it back on the hard drive the individual files are pdf but the thing as a whole is something else that links you to the pdf's. I remember seeing the wiring to the newer ones somewhere. I don't believe there was a fee.

Products Discussed in

To Top