1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommend Tire Pressure 2011 Access Cab Base

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TruSouthernStyle87, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Apr 24, 2017 at 2:32 AM
    TruSouthernStyle87

TruSouthernStyle87 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Regina
    Vehicle:
    201q Base Tacoma
    I've had my truck 2.5 years and had new tires on it for over a year. The information on the door is illegible and I'm having issues with the TPMS. I've tried resetting it and it came back on after an hour driving then went back off and came back on 20 minutes later. There was a temperature difference before resetting them but not throughout the drive. So my questions are: 1 What is the correct pressure for a 2011 Access Cab Base? 2 How can you tell if it is an issue with the sensor or battery? 3 If it is an issue with either, how much does replacement usually run?

2. Apr 24, 2017 at 6:38 AM
    orezona

orezona title unspecified

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD OR DCSB OMGWTFBBQ TL;DR
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    What kind of tires do you have?
    The tire pressure recommendation on the door sill is (correct me if I'm wrong, people) only for stock tires that came with the truck when it was new. That's irrelevant anyways since you're running non OEM.
    Where did you get your tires? You could probably have them check the TPMS and if they find one broken (why it won't reset), replace them for 60-100 bucks, give or take.

FWIW, my TPMS has been shot for a while and I went and got an external TMPS system from Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/B-Qtech-Pres...1-17&keywords=tire+pressure+monitoring+system

So far it's been working great and I've done a 1,000+ trip with it. Kinda nice to see what exact pressure each tire is, and the temp.

And for anyone wondering, airing down with these for off roading was simple: Just turn the cap enough so the air is coming out on all 4 tires and you can watch on the gauge as they get to the desired pressure. Just reset the alarm and you're good!

Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top