1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendation for a good dealer in BC

Discussion in 'British Columbia (BC)' started by eric801, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Apr 11, 2019 at 9:57 PM
    eric801

eric801 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric801
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Trd
    i'll get back to you on this

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. Apr 20, 2019 at 8:36 AM
    tac3g18

tac3g18 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD-Off-Road
    stock
    Where are you in BC?

3. Apr 30, 2019 at 4:26 PM
    photogr4x4

photogr4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Nada
    editing this now;

Prince George Toyota is hit and miss, usually miss. See a newer comment.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  4. May 16, 2019 at 8:25 PM
    250taco

250taco Active Member

Member:
    Vernon Toyota was super easy to deal with when buying new. Used, not so much. Their service department is really good as well.

5. Aug 13, 2021 at 4:16 PM

604 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Lincoln Navigator V8
    I went with new west toyota after calling about 6 different ones and seeing how pushy the sales person was. then I let corporate know which ones were desperate for a sale when demand was is so high anyways. told them its embarrassing like dogs chasing after cars

6. Aug 14, 2021 at 10:21 AM
    Canadian Caber

Canadian Caber R.I.P Layne Staley 67-2002

Member:
    First Name:
    Les
    B.C. Canada, eh
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4 Super White
    Same Here.

7. Aug 16, 2021 at 8:40 AM
    TacoPacific

TacoPacific Just a Joe in a Taco

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Smartcap Evo Sport, Gar-FAB tailgate panel, TRD Performance Suspension/Lift
    I bought from WestCoast Toyota… along the way I got a super good vibe from Valley Toyota in Chilliwack.

At WestCoast I dealt with Randy one of the Managers, and then with Mason. Neither was all that knowledgeable on Tacoma’s specifically.

8. Aug 17, 2021 at 7:42 AM
    ld25ca

ld25ca Active Member

Member:
    Bought from Westcoast Toyota via Car Cost Canada. Super easy, fair price & painless except the wait for delivery after allocation.

Agreed on price for truck and options via text and verbally w/Sales Manager. No $ were asked for and no $ changed hands until day of delivery. No purchase agreements signed - just a few texts and a few short phone calls. That felt a little weird, but they stayed true to their word on pricing even though the MSRP increased a bit between allocation and delivery.

1k check-in was a little weird - bounced back and forth between the dealer and WestCoast Detail to activate new Toyota TPMS on the 2nd set of rims that I put on after I picked up the truck, the dashcam was unplugged (I can understand that but spidey senses were tingling), dealer settings were left open on the main unit (they automatically reset to "normal" as soon as i turned the truck off :(). Will likely try Westminster Toyota for service (much closer to home).

Completing the purchase was easy & they weren't pushy on the after sale adds and up sells.

Most dealers will have the process down like a machine/assembly line to complete the purchase, take your money and send you to run the gauntlet of add-ons and up-sells (warranty, coatings, insurance etc).

1st experience w/CarCostCanada - would use them or try unhaggle if I were ever to buy new again.

TacoPacific likes this.
  9. Sep 22, 2021 at 8:56 AM
    DanoTay

DanoTay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victoria, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma OR AC MT
    I have heard that some people from Kamloops take their Toyota to Vernon Toyota rather than deal with the Toyota dealership in Kamloops.

10. Sep 22, 2021 at 5:42 PM
    Dalegribble02

Dalegribble02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savona British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4 meg grey sold
    Dobinson mrrs Deaver leafs archive garage hammer hangers.
    I got my truck used at Jim Patterson in Surrey. Easy to deal with.

11. Sep 23, 2021 at 7:42 AM
    AndreasMaximus

AndreasMaximus Occasional Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    Bought my truck at the dealer in Williams Lake, was a really pleasant experience. I take it for regular maintenance to the one in Dawson Creek since that's where I mostly live now and they are also exceptional to deal with.

My 3rd service I was living in Kamloops and took the truck to the Kamloops dealer. It was not fun. Doesn't surprise me that people take theirs to Vernon. This was also the service though where I decided that I would have my transmission fluid level checked, and that was like pulling teeth. (Glad I did though cause it was 300ml low. Not a lot but still low.)

12. Sep 24, 2021 at 12:50 PM
    Speedfreak

Speedfreak Member in poor standing

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Canada Eh!
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB 6MT, Blazing Blue Pearl
    Manual Mall Crawler
    I bought from Destination Toyota in Burnaby. Salesman made the mistake of saying they couldn't move the 3 manual trucks they had at the time. They had them for a month at the time. Made a deal less a big chunk off MSRP and then the finance department did their absolute best to squash the deal when they suddenly had all three sold. To bad I was already financed through my bank and the paperwork was already signed.

I don't suggest or recommend them.

photogr4x4 and Canadian Caber like this.
  13. Sep 24, 2021 at 2:23 PM
    DanoTay

DanoTay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victoria, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma OR AC MT
    When I bought my 2019 M/T off the showroom floor in June of 2019, I didn't realize how difficult it was for dealerships to sell M/T. After I drove my Taco home I found out it was built in Sept 2018 and went unsold all those months. That is when I realized that I did not bargain hard enough, but my fault for falling in love with the truck.

It also had 200kms on the odometer so I took it back to Metro Toyota in Victoria and told the sales manager I was not happy that they sold me a used truck. After some back and forth the manager asked me if I would be happy if he bought me a tank of fuel as compensation; I said I would so he gave me a chit for an Esso station and I put $97 of fuel in the tank.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  14. Sep 24, 2021 at 2:55 PM
    Speedfreak

Speedfreak Member in poor standing

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Canada Eh!
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB 6MT, Blazing Blue Pearl
    Manual Mall Crawler
    The issue the dealers have with manual trucks is that they just get them as part of their allotment of vehicles. They have no choice. I talked to a salesperson in early July and they told me it was coming mid August. I put it on the backburner and lucked out when I started looking again. It was a nine month search for the truck. And 4 years later I could still sell it for more than I paid. Not a chance on that though... I wanted a first gen but things didn't pan out. I am very happy with my choice now.

TacoPacific and Canadian Caber like this.
  15. Sep 25, 2021 at 6:38 PM
    Dalegribble02

Dalegribble02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savona British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 4x4 meg grey sold
    Dobinson mrrs Deaver leafs archive garage hammer hangers.
    If you need dealer parts I just went to Vernon Toyota for spark plugs form my 4l they were awsome to deal with

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  16. Sep 27, 2021 at 9:41 PM
    DuffyBank

DuffyBank Well-Known Member

Member:
    Heartland in Williams Lake is fantastic for sales, parts and service.

Never, ever go anywhere near Penticton Toyota

photogr4x4 and TacoPacific like this.
  17. Jan 18, 2022 at 11:47 PM
    baltoro

baltoro New Member

Member:
    West Coast Toyota is good. Stay away from Langley Toyota. Worst dealer in lower mainland

TacoPacific likes this.
  18. Feb 26, 2022 at 6:58 PM
    bermslider

bermslider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squampton, BC
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 07 TRD Sport
    K&N Air Filter. 17" XD Revolvers wearing Hankook Dynapro ATM's 265/70/17 treads. Bilsteins in the Front set at 1.75". Debadged. Tail lights tinted.
    I second West Coast. We just updated our ‘07 TRD Sport DC for a ‘22 DCSB OR and were really impressed with the service and no bs approach of our sales guy, Laurie. It was worth the drive down from Squamish.

baltoro[QUOTED] and TacoPacific like this.
  19. Mar 23, 2022 at 3:52 AM
    photogr4x4

photogr4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Nada
    How do you like Dawson Creek? Any good wheeling community there that gets closer to the Rockies? I'm a member of 4WDABC so I may post in the Peace Region FB group. Might have a job op coming through, just in the waiting period but love how inexpensive it is to live there rather than Prince George. A shitty 2BR is going for 1600+ here.

Unrelated entirely: I've heard Glacier Toyota in Smithers actually cuts deals on trucks and can get under MSRP.

20. Mar 26, 2022 at 10:53 AM
    AndreasMaximus

AndreasMaximus Occasional Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    I don't mind living up here. I actually live in Fort St. John but frequent DC. The biggest downside is being so far from everyone else in BC but you can get some shipments quick since everything comes from Edmonton. There is a bit of a wheeling community but it seems to be more bro-dudes that want to rip up mud instead of explore trails. That being said, I haven't sought out the 4WDABC group up here so there may be more than I realize. There's a couple little trails here and there. One thing I notice up here rather than in the Cariboo where I grew up is that theres a lot more silty mud and tundra, as well as with it being flat and explored by Oil and Gas, there are way more roads in the backcountry and most all of them are flat and wide for semi trucks. Tumbler and Chetwynd areas would totally have more nice trails but I haven't had the chance to venture much that way yet.

To Top