1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendations for Mid Travel on gen 3

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by D1rtyTaco_CWB, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Jun 12, 2017 at 8:14 PM
    D1rtyTaco_CWB

D1rtyTaco_CWB [OP] It is what it is.

Member:
    Auburn, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD off-road (Quicksand)
    Stage 4 Icon suspension (1.5" Lift), total chaos expedition series LCAs, 35" Maxxis RZR, line-x CBI bumper w/ Smittybilt synthetic wench, 4.88 regear, Baja roof rack.
    Hey guys, first thread post!

I've got a '16 double cab shortbed TRD offroad with an Icon stage 4 suspension (33" tires) but I'm looking to set up to a prerunner MT kit. Anybody have any recommendations on where to start, good makes on kits, what I'll need to add? I'm trying to keep my Icon (mostly) and just want to build it so as to be able to take as much punishment as possible without having to call the tow truck, as far as MT goes anyways. Any feedback is much appreciated.

2. Jun 12, 2017 at 8:40 PM
    shr133

shr133 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Muskego, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Sport
    K & N filter, 275 70 17 Cooper AT3, OME Nitrocharger shocks, 884 Springs, Dakar leafs.
    The stage 4 gives you 1" longer travel in the front.
    So I would rock the icons till you wear them out or know you need an up grade.
    A full mid travel would be longer arms, axles and would need new shocks fenders ect...
    The back you would get new leafs and weld in mounts for 12" shocks...

If I were you I would replace the rear leafs and run the icons for now.

But hard to go wrong with Total Chaos or Camburg if you want longer travel....

3. Jun 12, 2017 at 9:05 PM
    D1rtyTaco_CWB

Member:
    Auburn, CA
    Vehicle:
    Stage 4 Icon suspension (1.5" Lift), total chaos expedition series LCAs, 35" Maxxis RZR, line-x CBI bumper w/ Smittybilt synthetic wench, 4.88 regear, Baja roof rack.
    Exactly how much travel does my Icon have now? I'm a total f***ing newb here so bare with me..
    Yea I won't be ready for a true long travel for awhile, rather run mid travel until I'm financially comfortable to deal with everything involved with building and maintaining LT.
    The stage 4 came with new rear leafs I believe. So you're saying getting all new leafs elsewhere and leave everything as is until the Icons wear out then do a full overhaul of everything? There's no way I can run with say, a baja kit 4x4 prerunner 2+ kit, and just stick with most of the parts of my icon?

4. Jun 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM
    JT@Bajakits

JT@Bajakits Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Race Trucks and Off Road Suspension
    You can technically run your Icon's with our +2 Prerunner kit!

There are a few changes we did from the OEM 2.5 Coilover and the Custom one we offer with the kit ( different size shock, length, valving ) but they will bolt right up and still perform pretty well!

Let me know if you have any other questions or pricing!

JT

P.jpg Max Tacoma +2 Long Travel 2.jpg unnamed.jpg

D1rtyTaco_CWB[OP] likes this.
  5. Jun 14, 2017 at 5:24 PM
    D1rtyTaco_CWB

Member:
    Auburn, CA
    Vehicle:
    Hey JT I actually got your email the other day! I'm thinking I'm going to wait awhile to pull the trigger on a prerunner kit so I can save some more money and go all out. I wouldn't get it without running 35"s (I have 33"s now) with it anyways so I'm just going to wait until I need new tires and just sell my Icon setup then so I can do it right, as well as get some fun out of my current setup:D. Thanks for the feedback!

JT@Bajakits[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top