1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendations for on beefing up suspension for tow hitch racebike hauler?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Shariq, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Feb 16, 2018 at 9:38 PM
    Shariq

Shariq [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shariq
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD OR 4x2
    Hi Guys,

Lurker hear for a while now...I was wondering if someone could recommend what I need to do with my suspension for this set up.

Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma OR 2wd doublecab short bed with factory towing package.

Plans:
    Mototote hitch mounted hauler for my 410 pound race bike (See below for carrier)
    http://www.mototote.com/mototote-mtx-sport-motorcycle-carrier.html

Warrior Bed rack for RTT:
    http://www.warriorproducts.com/catalog-new/catalog/toyota-tacoma/rack-systems/bed-rack/

RTT

Why do I want this set up? I would like the RTT set up for the easy of camping at the race track and keeping me elevated off the ground. Most of the tracks are in the desert and I don't want to deal with snakes/scropions/ants etc..Also ease of set up. With the RTT I will need to do a moto hitch carrier as a trailer is not a option do to no space to store one.

I figure close to 500 pounds of crap in the bed including the weight of the bedrack and RTT. The hitch mounted carrier will have my race bike 410 pounds wet . Tongue weight is 680 pounds.

Only "mods" to the truck if you want to call them that are BFG ko2 and 17 pro trd wheels.

What kind of suspension set up do I need to help support this set up?

Thank you guys so much!

2. Feb 20, 2018 at 2:41 PM
    Tacomaratt

Tacomaratt Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2013 sr 5 v6 4wd 4dr
    5100 bilstines in the mail. 30 inch led bar in lower grill
    I do alot of camping I load my truck out pretty with gear and a trailer and side x side. I have looked Into helper springs as an option but they will proabbaly stuffing the ride when empty. So my direction has been the inflatable air bags. But I don' how reliable they are or if they are problematic. Back in the day I had some cheap air shocks on a s10 and they did the trick just had to check the air pressure weekly because of the temperture change up here in maine

Products Discussed in

To Top