1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recurve wiring question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Dug1967, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Jul 7, 2016 at 8:56 AM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    Hey Josh,

Would you mind sharing the answer to Doug's question here as well, for future Tacoma owners viewing? Nothing more than what he's asked in the first post of the thread...

2. Jul 7, 2016 at 10:26 AM
    Dug1967

Dug1967 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-road ACLB
    To whom it may help... Below is a copy and paste of Josh's answer to my original question.

"all the recurve does is allow you to add an amp and keep your stock head unit.
    the highs and mids will come from tuning the amp(s) you will be using,
    you wil need to run new speaker wire to the speakers and tweeters and run that back to the amp with the proper gauge wiring

all the harnesses so is plug into the stock head unit controls and go to the recurve and then to the amps you will be using
    -josh "

That does answer the question I was having and now I have a much better idea of what I need to do.

I must say all of the info provided here has been really helpful.

The video posted by @bear263, I had seen before, but watching it again reminded me that the second half of the ********* wiring harness (the one with red / grey / yellow / etc wires) is also providing the power hookup to the ReCurve as well as the front speaker feeds.

Plus the link to the Boss EQ600 was striking... that does look like the same unit as the ReCurve.

And @TurboGT Amazon list is most appreciated. It would be fun to build my own harness and saving money is always nice.

So I think I am done here and greatly appreciate the help provided. Thanks to all.

3. Jul 7, 2016 at 11:00 AM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    If you do go the route of building your own harness, don't forget to add power from the harnesses going to the Recurve... Yellow for +12V constant, and you can use the Red for switched if you don't want to use the auto-on feature from the Recurve. Black for ground, but something that I started doing late in my career of installing was to tie the ground wire to the chassis of the headunit to each component in the system... I found that would help eliminate many sources of noises, but also be sure to ground near the unit too. Redundant, sure... but better safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2018
  4. Aug 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM
    Iamasmoker

Iamasmoker Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma
    I just got through installing a recurve. The problem with the Boss EQ 600 is that they don't make them any more. If you are lucky/patient enough to find one on eBay, I would see if ********* would sell you the appropriate wire harness to hook it to your truck. I think that for $60 it is well worth it if they will.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Aug 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    tacotunesJosh

tacotunesJosh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Vehicle:
    Tundra
    System
    yikes I forgot about this
    one second

6. Aug 31, 2016 at 12:42 PM
    tacotunesJosh

tacotunesJosh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Vehicle:
    Tundra
    System
    all the recurve does is allow you to add an amp and keep your stock head unit.
    the highs and mids will come from tuning the amp(s) you will be using,
    you wil need to run new speaker wire to the speakers and tweeters and run that back to the amp with the proper gauge wiring

all the harnesses so is plug into the stock head unit controls and go to the recurve and then to the amps you will be using
    -josh

posted this reply about a month ago and never got a response back.

With the ********* wiring harness it is taking the speaker hi-level output from the head unit and sending it to the Recurve, is there a specific way to re-attach into the speaker wiring going to the Front (& dash tweeters) and Rear speakers with the output from the P400X4 amp?

this response is what I was confused about
    what are you trying to accomplish exactly with your audio upgrade??

-josh

Products Discussed in

To Top